|Alabama House of Representatives District 9|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Mid-Western State University, 2006|
|Birthday||July 30, 1970|
|Place of birth||Hartselle, AL|
Henry earned his B.S. in Radiological Sciences from Mid-Western State University in Texas. His professional experience includes working as a Medical Sales Representative for General Electric Medical Division from 1997 to 2002, Director of Radiology at Woodland Medical Center from 2000 to 2002, CT Technologist for Decatur General Hospital from 2002 to 2007 and Cardiac CT Specialist for The Heart Center. Henry served in the United States Air Force as a Radiological Technologist from 1993 to 1997.
Henry served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Higher Education
- Subcommittee on K-12
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs
- Subcommittee on Health Care Professionals and Procedures
- Subcommittee on Biomedical and Manufacturing
- Subcommittee on Energy and Green Technology
Henry's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "The primary problem I see with our current representatives in the Federal and State government is that they have forgotten their roles. Our representatives were intended to be servants of the people."
- Excerpt: "Education is the cornerstone our community is built on. It seems to me that we need to reform an education system that rewards incompetent teachers and hinders good teachers. "
- Excerpt: "The key to economic growth is not putting money into a system; it is leaving money in the system that works (Lower Taxes)."
- State Sovereignty
- Excerpt: "By declaring sovereignty in accordance with the Constitution, we endeavor to reinstall the foundations of strength that once were and soon will be again, the supreme law of our land!"
- Health Care System
- Excerpt: "I have worked in the health care professions for long enough to know that virtually everything that is wrong with medical care is the result of Federal meddling, while virtually everything good that happens in medical care happens at the local, community level."
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Ed Henry will face Melvin Hasting in the Republican primary.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 9 General Election (2010)|
|Ed Henry (R)||11,405|
|Kathy White Goodwin (D)||4,294|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 9 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Ed Henry (R)||5,221|
|Dwight Tankersley (R)||3,091|
In 2010, Henry raised $151,258 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$46,235|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$10,000|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$6,000|
|Henry, Hugh E||$6,000|
Henry and his wife, Wendi, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ed + Henry + Alabama + House + Legislature" Ed Henry News Feed
- House site
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Ed Henry on Facebook
- Ed Henry on Twitter
- Ed Henry's campaign website, Ethics
- Ed Henry's campaign website, Education
- Ed Henry's campaign website, Economics
- Ed Henry's campaign website, State Sovereignty
- Ed Henry's campaign website, Health Care System
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- alabama2010.com, "Alabama GOP primary results," accessed December 20, 2013
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|Alabama House District 9
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|