Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, Hawaii|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 9, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||USA|
- Wharton Advanced Management Program (AMP)
- Drexel University Graduate School of Business
- NJIT/NCE Bachelor of Science BSME
Pirkowski lists the following themes on his campaign website:
—Eddie Pirkowski, Campaign website, 
On The Issues Vote Match
- See also: On The Issues Vote Match
On The Issues conducts a VoteMatch analysis of all Congressional members and some candidates based on 20 issue areas. Rather than relying on incumbents to complete the quiz themselves, the VoteMatch analysis is conducted using voting records, statements to the media, debate transcripts or citations from books authored by or about the candidate. Based on the results of the quiz, Pirkowski is a Moderate Conservative. Pirkowski received a score of 40 percent on personal issues and 70 percent on economic issues.
The table below contains the results of analysis compiled by staff at On The Issues.
|On The Issues Vote Quiz|
|Economic Issues||Social Issues|
|Legally require hiring women & minorities||Neutral||Abortion is a woman's unrestricted right||Favors|
|Expand ObamaCare||Opposes||Comfortable with same-sex marriage||Favors|
|Vouchers for school choice||Favors||Keep God in the public sphere||Strongly Favors|
|Absolute right to gun ownership||Strongly Favors||Human needs over animal rights||Unknown|
|Higher taxes on the wealthy||Strongly Opposes||Stricter punishment reduces crime||Strongly Favors|
|Support & expand free trade||Strongly Favors||Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens||Strongly Favors|
|Stricter limits on political campaign funds||Neutral||Maintain US sovereignty from UN||Unknown|
|Prioritize green energy||Unknown||Expand the military||Favors|
|Stimulus better than market-led recovery||Unknown||Stay out of Iran||Unknown|
|Privatize Social Security||Strongly Favors||Never legalize marijuana||Unknown|
|Note: Information last updated: 2014.|
According to Pirkowski's website, his campaign themes include:
- Jobs: "Creating Jobs, Jobs, Jobs for ALL the people of Hawaii Bringing and Creating New Businesses in Hawaii."
- Zero Taxes: "Cutting or Eliminating Hawaii Taxes Zero Tax State, Zero Business Taxes, Zero Capital Gains Tax and Zero Estate Tax."
- Early Education: "Focus on Early Childhood Education through New PhD Programs, News Education Benefits, New Teaching R&D Centers Make Hawaii the nation's leader in education."
- New Technology R&D Centers by Industry: "Bring New Green Industries to Hawaii Expand from 4 Industries to 27, Create New Leaders of Today and Tommorrow."
- Wars: "Stop the wars and bring our families together with victory – All the girls, mothers,and the grandmothers need to stand up and stop the killing of our children in wars around the world!"
- Regreen: "Regreening of all the Hawaiian Islands,replanting forests,restocking oceans and waterways with fish to bring back the rain and protect the Aina of Hawaii,Bring back Family Farms and Gardens."
- Energy: "New Flow Conversion Technologies for CLEAN LIMITLESS ENERGY on ocean floor between islands and new desalination plants for clean water for all islands."
- Defense: "High tech defense for Hawaii in all military and non-military police,firefighters and emergency response."
- Death Penalty: "Strong deterrent yes, anti-gang provisions, anti-corruption laws, 3 strikes, strong judges."
- Social Security/Medicare/Medicaid: "Protect benefits, cut waste, duplication, cap malpractice lawsuit, cut malpractice insurance costs."
Pirkowski is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, to represent Hawaii. Pirkowski is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on August 9, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Eddie + Pirkowski + Hawaii + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Eddie Pirkowski U.S. Senate Candidate Hawaii 2012 campaign website
- Eddie Pirkowski U.S. Senate Candidate Hawaii 2010 campaign website
- Eddie Pirkowski U.S. Senate Candidate Hawaii 2006 campaign website
- Platform/component_41229/ Official 2012 Platform United States Senator Hawaii Candidate Eddie Pirkowski
- Platform/component_41229/ Official 2010 Platform United States Senator Hawaii Candidate Eddie Pirkowski
- US Senate Candidate Hawaii 2012,2010,2006 Eddie Pirkowski Project Votesmart.org Profile
- US Senate Candidate Hawaii 2012,2010,2006 Eddie Pirkowski Project Vote Smart Political Courage Test
- United States Senator Hawaii 2012 Candidate Eddie Pirkowski Politics1.com website
- Hawaii Elections, "Candidates," accessed June 3, 2014
- AP Results, "Hawaii Senate Primary Election Results" accessed August 12, 2012
- [Email submission by candidate to BP Staff]
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Eddie Pirkowski for U.S. Senate, "FULL GOP CONSERVATIVE PLATFORM EDDIE PIRKOWSKI US SENATOR HAWAII 2014 CANDIDATE," accessed July 28, 2014
- On The Issues, "Eddie Pirkowski Vote Match," accessed July 21, 2014
- The questions in the quiz are broken down into two sections -- social and economic. In social questions, liberals and libertarians agree in choosing the less-government answers, while conservatives and populists agree in choosing the more-restrictive answers. For the economic questions, conservatives and libertarians agree in choosing the less-government answers, while liberals and populists agree in choosing the more-restrictive answers.
- Eddie for U.S. Senate Hawaii 2014, "Home-Platform," accessed July 21, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- United States Senator Hawaii 2012 Candidates Politics1.com website reference Eddie Pirkowski United States Senator Hawaii 2012 Candidate
- The Green Papers thegreenpapers.com website reference Eddie Pirkowski U.S. Senate Hawaii 2012 Republican Candidate 112th U.S. Senate
- United States Senate Election 2010 Wikipedia wikipedia.org reference Eddie Pirkowski Election Results U.S. Senator Hawaii 2010 Primary
- United States Senate Election 2012 Wikipedia wikipedia.org reference Eddie Pirkowski U.S. Senator Hawaii 2012 Republican Primary Candidate