For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Idaho State Senate District 30|
|2002 - 2012|
|State Senate Minority Leader|
|2011 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Pocatello City Council|
|1981 - 1984|
|Bachelor's||Idaho State University|
|Date of birth||August 7, 1950|
|Place of birth||American Samoa|
In addition to being a Senator, Malepeai is a teacher.
In April of 2009, Malepeai's wife died after enduring a long illness.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Malepeai served on this committee:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Malepeai served on these committees:
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Malepeai did not run for re-election in 2012.
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
|Idaho State Senate, District 30 (2010)|
|Edgar Malepeai (D)||5,045||54.6%|
|Terry Andersen (R)||4,195||45.4%|
|Idaho State Senate, District 30 (2008)|
|Edgar Malepeai (D)||12,815|
In 2010, Malepeai received $18,805 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Idaho State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Edgar Malepeai's campaign in 2010|
|Idaho Education Association||$2,000|
|Idaho Power Co||$1,500|
|Professional Fire Fighters Of Idaho||$1,500|
|Gordon Law Firm||$1,000|
|Pocatello Fire Fighters Local 743||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$18,805|
In 2008, Malepeai collected $5,310 in donations.
His two largest contributors were:
|Idaho Power Co.||$1,000|
|Idaho Education Association||$1,000|
Malepeai is widowed. He has four children and resides in Pocatello, Idaho.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Edgar + Malepeai + Idaho + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Spokane Spokesman, "Stennett, Malepeai to miss session kickoff," January 17, 2009
- "Idaho Democratic Party" In memory of Brenda Malepeai, April 3, 2009
- Idaho Senate, Members of Idaho senate standing committees
- Idaho Reporter, "GOP gain in Idaho House could trigger policy changes," November 3, 2010
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Idaho Senate official election results for 2008," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 candidate contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
- Malepeai Campaign Donors
|Idaho State Senate District 30
| Succeeded by|
Dean Mortimer (R)