|Idaho State Senate District 30|
|2002 - 2012|
|State Senate Minority Leader|
|2011 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Pocatello City Council|
|1981 - 1984|
|Bachelor's||Idaho State University|
|Birthday||August 7, 1950|
|Place of birth||American Samoa|
In addition to being a Senator, Malepeai is a teacher.
In April of 2009, Malepeai's wife died after enduring a long illness.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Malepeai served on this committee:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Malepeai served on these committees:
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Malepeai did not run for re-election in 2012.
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
|Idaho State Senate, District 30 (2010)|
|Edgar Malepeai (D)||5,045||54.6%|
|Terry Andersen (R)||4,195||45.4%|
|Idaho State Senate, District 30 (2008)|
|Edgar Malepeai (D)||12,815|
In 2010, Malepeai received $18,805 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Idaho State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Edgar Malepeai's campaign in 2010|
|Idaho Education Association||$2,000|
|Idaho Power Co||$1,500|
|Professional Fire Fighters Of Idaho||$1,500|
|Gordon Law Firm||$1,000|
|Pocatello Fire Fighters Local 743||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$18,805|
In 2008, Malepeai collected $5,310 in donations.
His two largest contributors were:
|Idaho Power Co.||$1,000|
|Idaho Education Association||$1,000|
Malepeai is widowed. He has four children and resides in Pocatello, Idaho.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Edgar + Malepeai + Idaho + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Spokane Spokesman, "Stennett, Malepeai to miss session kickoff," January 17, 2009
- "Idaho Democratic Party" In memory of Brenda Malepeai, April 3, 2009
- Idaho Senate, Members of Idaho senate standing committees
- "GOP gain in Idaho House could trigger policy changes," Idaho Reporter, November 3rd, 2010
- Idaho Senate official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 candidate contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
- Malepeai Campaign Donors
|Idaho State Senate District 30
| Succeeded by|
Dean Mortimer (R)