The Education Committee is a standing committee of the Nevada State Assembly. Per Assembly Rule 40, the committee is made up of 14 members.
Per Assembly Rule 41, standing committees of the Nevada State Assembly are appointed biennially by the Assembly Speaker. The Speaker makes the appointments following the organization of the Assembly and the adoption of standing rules, which informs the Senate and Governor of Nevada that the chamber is ready to conduct business. Generally, minority membership is meant to be proportionate to that in the Assembly at-large, and is determined by minority caucuses and agreed to by the Speaker. The Speaker may appoint alternate members for an appropriate length in the event of incapacitation.
See rules: Assembly Standing Rules
||The Assembly Committee on Education has jurisdiction over measures affecting the system of public instruction, K-12 education, and higher education, except measures affecting state and local revenue.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Assembly Standing Rules," accessed February 5, 2014 Rule 40
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Assembly Standing Rules," accessed February 5, 2014 Rule 41
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "2013 Legislative Manual," accessed February 5, 2014 pp. 148, 153
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Assembly Standing Rules," accessed February 5, 2014 Rule 41.5
- ↑ Nevada State Assembly, "Education," accessed February 5, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.