|Michigan House of Representatives, District 84|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Canfield's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I believe there is too much government oversight which often gets in the way of education, healthcare, agriculture and business. In my opinion government should be small and do only what is necessary to protect and serve the people of the State of Michigan."
- Excerpt: "Our tax system is very complicated and overly burdensome especially for the middle class and small business owner. It seems like everything we do is taxed or there is a fee attached. I would support the simplification of the tax system."
- Excerpt: "Many complex and difficult decisions will be made in the next several years about health care. We need people in state government who understand healthcare and can make wise decisions based on how these changes will affect the people of our state. I know health care and I bring those skills to the table."
- Excerpt: "I am Pro-Life. I believe that abortion is taking a life. Education and strong family values can eliminate the majority of unwanted pregnancies."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. David Jaroch defeated Richard Badger in the Democratic primary. Edward Canfield defeated six other challengers in the Republican primary. Jaroch faces Canfield in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 84 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Canfield's endorsements include:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Edward + Canfield + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 84
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Edward Canfield on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- edwardcanfield.com, "Position Statements," accessed July 31, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |