|Michigan House of Representatives, District 84|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Canfield served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2015|
Canfield's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I believe there is too much government oversight which often gets in the way of education, healthcare, agriculture and business. In my opinion government should be small and do only what is necessary to protect and serve the people of the State of Michigan."
- Excerpt: "Our tax system is very complicated and overly burdensome especially for the middle class and small business owner. It seems like everything we do is taxed or there is a fee attached. I would support the simplification of the tax system."
- Excerpt: "Many complex and difficult decisions will be made in the next several years about health care. We need people in state government who understand healthcare and can make wise decisions based on how these changes will affect the people of our state. I know health care and I bring those skills to the table."
- Excerpt: "I am Pro-Life. I believe that abortion is taking a life. Education and strong family values can eliminate the majority of unwanted pregnancies."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. David Jaroch defeated Richard Badger in the Democratic primary. Edward Canfield defeated six other challengers in the Republican primary. Canfield defeated Jaroch in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 84 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 84 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Canfield's endorsements included the following:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Edward + Canfield + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 84
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan House Republicans - Ed Canfield
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Edward Canfield on Facebook
- edwardcanfield.com, "Position Statements," accessed July 31, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
Terry Brown (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 84
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |