|Colorado House of Representatives District 32|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado-Boulder, 1997|
|Place of birth||Thornton, CO|
Casso earned his B.A. in Political Philosophy from the University of Colorado-Boulder in 1997 and attended Regis University. His professional experience includes working as as an intern for Congressman David Skaggs.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Casso served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Casso served on these committees:
- Business Affairs and Labor Committee (Vice Chair)
- Business Affairs and Labor
- State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Committee
- State Veterans, and Military Affairs
Casso did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Casso's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1192 - Eliminate 3.2 Beer Restrictions
- HB 09-1288 - Colorado Taxpayer Transparency Act
- HB 09-1299 - National Popular Vote Agreement
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Casso did not seek re-election in 2012.
Casso ran for re-election to the 32nd District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the August 10 primary. Casso defeated Kaarl Hoopes (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 32 General election (2010)|
|Edward Casso (D)||10,068|
|Kaarl Hoopes (R)||8,950|
Casso raised $11,803 for his campaign.
In 2010, Casso raised $29,058 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Colorado Medical Society||$4,000|
|Colorado Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Copic Insurance Small Donor Committee||$1,000|
Below are Casso's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 208||$500|
|CO Education Assoc||$500|
|CO Medical Society||$400|
Casso and his wife, Selena, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Edward + Casso + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Legislature
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House Committees
- Colorado state legislative districts
- Edward Casso's personal website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Edward Casso on MySpace
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 11, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 House candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Colorado House District 32
| Succeeded by|
Dominick Moreno (D)