|Colorado House of Representatives District 32|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado-Boulder, 1997|
|Place of birth||Thornton, CO|
Casso earned his B.A. in Political Philosophy from the University of Colorado-Boulder in 1997. He also attended Regis University.
Casso worked as an intern for Congressman David Skaggs.
Casso did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Casso's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1192 - Eliminate 3.2 Beer Restrictions
- HB 09-1288 - Colorado Taxpayer Transparency Act
- HB 09-1299 - National Popular Vote Agreement
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Casso served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Casso served on these committees:
- Business Affairs and Labor Committee (Vice Chair)
- Business Affairs and Labor
- State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Committee
- State Veterans, and Military Affairs
Casso did not seek re-election in 2012.
Casso ran for re-election to the 32nd District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the August 10 primary. Casso defeated Kaarl Hoopes (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 32 General election (2010)|
|Edward Casso (D)||10,068|
|Kaarl Hoopes (R)||8,950|
Casso raised $11,803 for his campaign.
In 2010, Casso raised $29,058 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Colorado Medical Society||$4,000|
|Colorado Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Copic Insurance Small Donor Committee||$1,000|
Below are Casso's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 208||$500|
|CO Education Assoc||$500|
|CO Medical Society||$400|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Edward + Casso + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Casso and his wife Selena have two children.
- Edward Casso's personal website
- Colorado House of Representatives - Rep. Edward Casso
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Edward Casso on MySpace
|Colorado House District 32
| Succeeded by|
Dominick Moreno (D)