For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 43|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
Doyle's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We are taxed higher than any other state in the country in certain areas and it is time to say enough is enough and reduce and do away with certain taxes."
- Excerpt: "We are so buried in red tape, that victims of domestic abuse are afraid to report it for the amount of time it takes to investigate and prosecute the abusers, puts the victim in even more danger of retribution as we have seen here in Johnston in the case of Daniel Rodriguez killing his girlfriend Evelyn Burgos and her daughter."
Gang and Drug violence
- Excerpt: "I want to make sure we strengthen our police departments and task forces and increase the penalties of all criminals, gang members and drug pushers. No more revolving door and plea deals. I will fight to close the loopholes and protect our families!"
Rights of Firearms owners
- Excerpt: "I have been and continue to fight for the rights of firearms owners in Rhode Island."
- Excerpt: I do not agree that we should hand over driver’s licenses and assistance to those that are in our state illegally.""
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Deborah Fellela defeated Edward Doyle in the Democratic primary. Karin Gorman ran as an Independent candidate. Daniel Hawkins (I) withdrew from the ballot before the primary. Fellela defeated Gorman in the general election.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 43, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Deborah Fellela Incumbent||52.8%||2,483|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 43 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Deborah Fellela Incumbent||56.9%||1,379|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Edward + Doyle + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Rhode Island House of Representatives District 43
- Rhode Island House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Official campaign website (dead link)
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Edward Doyle on Facebook
- doyle2014.com, "Issues," accessed August 6, 2014 (dead link)
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014