For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Maine State Senate, District 22|
|December 5, 2012-December 3, 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Maine House of Representatives District 47|
|Date of birth||December 21, 1938|
|Place of birth||Stamford, Connecticut|
Mazurek served in the Maine House of Representatives, representing District 47 from 2004 to 2012, on the Rockland City Council from 2002 to 2004 and Mayor of Rockland from 2003 to 2004.
Mazurek's professional experience includes working as a teacher and coach.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mazurek served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Marine Resources|
|• Transportation, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mazurek served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Mazurek served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Transportation, Chair|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
|Maine State Senate, District 22, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Christopher Rector Incumbent||46.5%||9,142|
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 47 (2010)|
|Edward Mazurek (D)||2,035||61%|
|Horatio Cowan (R)||1,101||33%|
Edward Mazurek raised $4,657 for his campaign.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 47|
|Edward Mazurek (D)||2,762|
|Steven Dyer (R)||1,262|
Comprehensive donor information for Mazurek is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Mazurek raised a total of $39,341 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 12, 2013.
|Edward Mazurek's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State Senate, District 22||$21,160|
|2010||Maine State House, District 47||$4,161|
|2008||Maine State House, District 47||$4,657|
|2006||Maine State House, District 47||$4,875|
|2004||Maine State House, District 47||$4,488|
|Grand Total Raised||$39,341|
2012Mazurek won election to the Maine State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Mazurek raised a total of $21,160.
|Maine State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Edward Mazurek's campaign in 2012|
|Wexler, Kenneth N||$100|
|Fischer, Julian Downes||$100|
|Wexler, Barbara G||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$21,160|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Mazurek received $4,161 in campaign donations. The only contributor was the Public Fund.
In 2008, Mazurek collected $4,657 in donations.
His largest contributor in 2008 was:
Mazurek and his wife, Maryellen, have five children. He has been a member of the Elks Club, Knights of Columbus, Maine Lighthouse Museum Board of Directors, Many Flags One School, and Penquis Community Action Program Advisory Board; he has also been the president of the School Administrative District #5 Teachers Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Edward + Mazurek + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Senate
- Maine Senate Committees
- Maine Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Edward Mazurek on the Maine State Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- Maine Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed June 12, 2012
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election Tabulations," accessed March 20, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mazurek, Edward," accessed March 20, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mazurek, Edward J," accessed September 12, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Maine 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 19, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Edward Mazurek's Biography," accessed March 20, 2014
Christopher Rector (R)
|Maine State Senate District 22
| Succeeded by|
|Maine House of Representatives District 47
| Succeeded by|
Elizabeth Dickerson (D)
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |