|Edward "David" Redwine|
North Carolina State Senate, District 8
Redwine's website highlighted the following campaign issues:
- Excerpt: "As your next State Senator, David Redwine’s number one priority will be to get our communities back to work."
- Excerpt: "David Redwine knows that our public schools are a valuable asset that we use to invest in the futures of our children. That’s why he advocates for an expansion of resources in the public education system, and will advocate tirelessly for an increase in education standards across Brunswick, Columbus and Pender counties."
- Excerpt: " As a member of the North Carolina Turnpike Authority, David Redwine understands the need for additional, quality roads. As your next State Senator, Redwine will work to invest in the infrastructure Southeastern North Carolina needs for the future."
Prior to the election, Rabon trailed in polling released by the John W. Pope Civitas Institute. The poll showed Rabon with a 19 point lead over Redwine. Both Rabon and Redwine acknowledge the need for cutting government spending to balance what's expected to be a $3 billion deficit next fiscal year.
- February 2, 2011 snapshot of Redwine's campaign website
- North Carolina Department of Elections
- Project Vote Smart biography