Effie N. McEachin
|Effie N. McEachin|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Board member, Robeson County School Board, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 6, 2014|
|Bachelor's||R.B. Dean and St. Augustine’s College|
McEachin is a graduate of R.B. Dean and St. Augustine’s College. She lives in Maxton and is a retired educator. She worked as a substitute teacher, teacher’s assistant and classroom teacher in schools throughout Robeson County. At Townsend Middle School, she was once named Teacher of the Year. McEachin is a member of St. George United Methodist Church. She is married to James McEachin Jr. and has two sons.
- See also: Robeson County Schools elections (2014)
Effie McEachin challenged incumbent Brenda S. Fairley-Ferebee for the District 2 seat in the general election on May 6, 2014.
McEachin was defeated by Brenda S. Fairley-Ferebee in the general election.
|Robeson County Schools, District 2 General Election, 4-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Brenda S. Fairley-Ferebee Incumbent||62.8%||1,546|
|Nonpartisan||Effie N. McEachin||36.5%||898|
|Source: North Carolina Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 OFFICIAL PRIMARY ELECTION RESULTS - ROBESON," accessed June 3, 2014|
McEachin did not report any campaign contributions or expenditures to the Robeson County Board of Elections.
McEachin did not receive any official endorsements for her campaign.
About the district
- See also: Robeson County Schools, North Carolina
Robeson County underperformed in comparison to the rest of North Carolina in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 12.9% of Robeson County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 26.8% for North Carolina as a whole. The median household income in Robeson County was $30,167 compared to $46,450 for the state of North Carolina. The poverty rate in Robeson County was 31.9% compared to 16.8% for the entire state.
Note: Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" percentage, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off. Read more about race and ethnicity in the Census here.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Effie + McEachin+ Robeson + County + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Bob Shiles, Robesian.com, "18 file for May primary," February 10, 2014
- Robeson County, "Robeson County Board of Elections," accessed March 31, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Robeson County, North Carolina," accessed March 17, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed February 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "NC Voter Statistics Results," accessed March 31, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Robeson County Schools Elections|
|Robeson County, North Carolina|
|Election date:||May 6, 2014|
|Candidates:||District 2: • Brenda S. Fairley-Ferebee • Effie N. McEachin|
District 8: • Dwayne Smith
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|