|Connecticut State Senate District 33|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Northeastern University (1966)|
|Date of birth||March 3, 1943|
|Place of birth||Boston, MA|
Daily was on the Board of Education for the City of Westbrook from 1976 to 1983, First Selectman for the City of Westbrook from 1983 to 1989 and on the Board of Selectmen for the City of Westbrook from 1989 to 1991.
Daily earned her B.A. from Northeastern University in 1966 and attended the Barney School of Business and Public Administration at the University of Hartfrod and the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. Her professional experience includes working as a Service Representative for Connecticut Blue Cross from 1964 to 1969, Sales Manager for PK Association from 1981 to 1983 and Executive Assistant for the State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services from 1990 to 1992.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Daily served on these committees:
- Finance, Revenue and Bonding Committee, Connecticut General Assembly, Co-Chair
- Internship Committee, Connecticut General Assembly
- Legislative Management Committee, Connecticut General Assembly
- Public Safety and Security Committee, Connecticut General Assembly, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Daily served on these committees:
- Finance Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Internship Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Public Safety and Security Committee, Connecticut Senate
Daily will not seek re-election in 2012.
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2010
|Connecticut State Senate, District 33 General Election (2010)|
|Eileen Daily (D)||21,069|
|Neil Nichols (R)||17,851|
|Colin Bennett (G)||1,017|
|Connecticut State Senate, District 33 (2008)|
|Eileen Daily (D)||30,326|
|Vincent Pacileo III (R)||17,624|
|Colin Bennett (G)||1,682|
In 2010, Daily raised $103,695 in contributions.
Her largest contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $85,335 to her campaign.
In 2008, Daily collected $99,505 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
- See also: Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
The Yankee Institute, a pro-market think tank, releases its Voter Guide after each two-year legislative term. Each member of the Connecticut General Assembly receives a score from 0 to 10 based on how he or she voted in ten key votes. The Institute selects key votes which "reveal the differences between those legislators that would harness the power of individual liberty and the market to improve lives, and those that prefer a centrally-planned approach." A legislator with a 10 voted in agreement with the Yankee Institute on all 10 votes, while a legislator with a 0 voted against the Yankee Institute's views or was absent for all 10 votes.
Daily received a score of 0 on the Yankee Institute's Voter Guide for 2011-12, tied with 15 others for the lowest score among the 36 scored members of the Connecticut Senate. This score was 2 lower than her score of 2 for the 2009-10 term.
Daily and her husband, Jim, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Eileen + Daily + Connecticut + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut State Senate
- Connecticut Senate Committees
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004 2002 2000 1998 1996
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "2008 General Election Results," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed December 11, 2014
- Yankee Institute for Public Policy, "Yankee Institute Voter Guide for 2011-12," October 19, 2012
|Connecticut State Senate - District 33
| Succeeded by|
Art Linares (R)