|Fairfield Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||University of Pennsylvania|
Liu-McCormack earned a B.A. in Oriental Studies and B.S. in Finance from the University of Pennsylvania. She was the managing director of JP Morgan Chase's Investment Bank before leaving this position in 2012 to spend more time with family. Liu-McCormack and her husband, Gerry, have three children attending area schools.
Liu-McCormack won election as a Republican against four other candidates for four seats on the board.
|Fairfield Public Schools, General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Source: Connecticut Secretary of State, "Municipal Elections - November 5, 2013," accessed December 17, 2013|
Eileen Liu-McCormack did not report any contributions or expenditures to the Connecticut State Elections Enforcement Commission.
Responses to Fairfield Taxpayers Forum
Liu-McCormack explained her top three priorities as a Board of Education candidate during the 2013 Candidate Forum hosted by Fairfield Taxpayers:
Note: The above quote is from the candidate's website, which may include some typographical or spelling errors.
What was at stake?
Incumbent Democrats Sue Brand and Perry Liu and Republicans Pamela Iacono and Tim Kery did not seek re-election to the board. The Fairfield Democratic Town Committee endorsed newcomers Donna Karnal, Kenneth Lee and Marc Patton in July 2013. Lee was the only candidate not elected to the board. Newcomers Eileen Liu-McCormack and John Llewellyn were endorsed by the Fairfield Republican Town Committee with Iacono placing third in a July caucus.
About the district
- See also: Fairfield Public Schools, Connecticut
Fairfield outperformed state rates for poverty, median income and higher education achievement in 2011. The city had a poverty rate of 3.3% in the CERC Report while the state rate was 9.2%. The 2012 CERC Report calculated Fairfield's median income at $114,709 while the state median income was $82,711. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (59%) is above the state average (36%).
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Eileen + Liu-McCormack + Fairfield + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vote both Llewellyn and Liu-McCormack for Fairfield BOE July 23rd, "Eileen Liu-McCormack for BOE," Accessed October 9, 2013
- Fairfield Taxpayer, "Eileen Liu-McCormack's Responses," Accessed October 9, 2013
- Fairfield Democratic Town Committee, "Board of Education," Accessed October 9, 2013
- Connecticut Post, "Iacono, Bellitto denied nod for re-election," July 24, 2013
- Connecticut Economic Resource Center, "CERC Town Profile 2012," Accessed October 9, 2013
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Election Results," Accessed October 9, 2013