Eileen Lynch Gonzalez
Gonzalez grew up and graduated from public schools in Massachusetts. She has both her Bachelor's and Master's degrees from the University of Texas at Austin. She and her husband, Chris, live in Spring Creek with their two children.
Gonzalez ran unopposed in a special election on November 5, 2013 for the seat vacated by Keith Varney.
|Harrison School District Two, At-large General Election, 2-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Eileen Lynch Gonzalez Incumbent||100%||5,079|
|Source: El Paso County, Colorado, "2013 Coordinated Election," November 14, 2013|
Gonzalez was endorsed by the HBA Political Action Committee (PAC).
Gonzalez stated the following as her campaign priorities on the Harrison School district website:
Note: The above quote is from the candidate's website, which may include some typographical or spelling errors.
What was at stake?
Current member Eileen Lynch Gonzalez sought re-election to the board to continue the term that she was appointed to earlier this year when Keith Varney vacated his seat. Incumbents Deborah Hendrix, Richard Price and Linda Pugh were ineligible to run for additional terms because of Amendment 17 to the Colorado Constitution, which says that no "elected official of any [...] school district [...] shall serve more than two consecutive terms in office."
About the district
- See also: Harrison School District Two, Colorado
Colorado Springs lagged behind state averages for median income, poverty rate and higher education achievement in 2010. The average household income in Colorado Springs was $53,747 compared to $57,685 for the state of Colorado. The poverty rate in Colorado Springs was 12.7% compared to 12.5% for the entire state. The U.S. Census also found that 36.1% of Colorado Springs residents aged 25 years and older earned a Bachelor's degree compared to a 36.3% rate in Colorado.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Eileen + Gonzalez + Harrison + School + District + Two"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Harrison School District Two, "Mrs. Eileen Lynch Gonzalez, Director, Board of Education, accessed October 31, 2013
- TRACER, "Candidate Detail," accessed December 18, 2013
- Housing & Building Association of Colorado Springs, "PAC Endorsed Candidates," accessed October 31, 2013
- Harrison School District Two, "Mrs. Eileen Lynch Gonzalez, Director, Board of Education," accessed October 31, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Colorado Springs, accessed October 28, 2013
- Colorado Secretary of State, “Voter Registration Numbers,” Accessed October 28, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014