El Paso County, Colorado
- Main article:Evaluation of Colorado county websites
This website was most recently evaluated on 2013-10-16.
- Budget information is provided.
- Meetings are listed 
- Elected officials
- Elected Officials are listed 
- Administrative officials
- Administrative officials are listed 
- Public records
- Local tax information is available.
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports are available from 2000 - 2010. 
El Paso County is governed by a board of 5 commissioners, which represent 5 districts in the county.
The current county commissioners are:
Administrative officials are appointed or hired, rather than elected, yet they are often in control of many policies that affect the county. Appointees and Officials in El Paso County are divided into six departments:
- County Administrator
- Legal Services/County Attorney
- Health and Environment
- Human Services
- Pikes Peak Workforce
- Public Trustee
|Fund||Department||Personnel||Personnel Intergovernmental Reimbursements||Operating||Capital||Operating Intergovernmental Reimbursements||Transfers||2012 Preliminary Balanced Budget|
|2||Dept. of Transportation||14,522,581||(1,787,501)||4,753,170||122,000||0||0||17,610,250|
|3||Road & Bridge Escrow||0||0||0||0||0||819,656||819,656|
|4||Dept of Human Services||24,283,653||0||26,533,390||45,000||0||1,637,957||52,500,000|
|19||Schools' Trust Fund*||0||0||100,000||0||0||0||100,000|
|22||Solid Waste Management*||382,033||(50,531)||536,709||69,981||0||0||938,192|
|25||Economic Development||* 329,158||0||4,683,342||0||0||0||5,012,500|
|66||Pikes Peak Workforce*||3,128,473||0||4,125,581||0||0||0||7,254,054|
|74,75||LIDs Rancho Road & Falcon Vista*||0||0||111,500||0||0||0||111,500|
|El Paso County||7.710||7.514||7.748||7.531||7.882||0.351|
|Pikes Peak Library District||3.515||3.325||3.540||3.468||3.556||0.088|
Public Records & Transparency
El Paso County citizens are guaranteed access to public records through the Colorado Open Records Act. In El Paso County, citizens have access to an online public records database If the document is available electronically, it can be viewed without charge. If a hard copy is requested, the citizen must pay for it according to the following schedule:
- Document copy fees are $0.25 per page.
- Plat map copies are $3.00 per page.
- Certification fees are $1.00 per document.
For documents to be returned by mail, the following postage and handling fees apply:
- 1-10 Pages - $1.25, 11-20 Pages - $2.00, Over 20 Pages - $2.50.
- For plat map copies: 1-2 Pages $3.00, 3 Pages-$3.50, Over 3 Pages-$6.50
El Paso County elects a sheriff to serve its citizens. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office employs 439 officers and 189 civilian employees. It is divided into three divisions: Detention, Law Enforcement, and Support Services.
- El Paso County Official Website
- El Paso County Clerk
- El Paso County Motor Vehicle Department
- El Paso County Sheriff
- El Paso County on E-Reference
- El Paso County Department of Health and Environment
- El Paso County Fair
- El Paso County RACES (Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service)
- El Paso County Free Public Records Directory
- ↑ Budget
- ↑ El Paso County Meetings
- ↑ El Paso County Elected Officials
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 El Paso County Administrative Officials
- ↑ Planning
- ↑ Development Services
- ↑ Procurement
- ↑ Vendors, Accessed: Dec. 19, 2012
- ↑ Public Records Search
- ↑ Treasurer
- ↑ El Paso County, Colorado -- Finance
- ↑ Referendums, Petitions, & Lobbying
- ↑ Intergovernmental Operations, Accessed: Jan. 2, 2013
- ↑ El Paso County, "Preliminary 2012 Balanced Budget." 4 Oct 2011, Accessed 8 Nov 2011 (PDF)
- ↑ El Paso County, Colorado -- Mill Levies
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 El Paso County, Colorado --Public Records Search.