|Alabama House of Representatives District 65|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Auburn University, 1983|
|Birthday||March 16, 1960|
|Place of birth||Chatom, AL|
|Profession||Former Small Business Owner|
Beech is a former small business owner.
Beech served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on K-12
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs
- Subcommittee on Biomedical and Manufacturing
- Subcommittee on Energy and Green Technology
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Elaine Beech was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 65 General Election (2010)|
|Elaine Beech (D)||11,747|
|Ozelle Hubert (I)||1,920|
In 2010, Beech raised $40,816 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Alabama Pharmacy Association||$3,800|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$3,143|
Beech has two children.
She has served on the Washington County Board of Education.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of October 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Elaine + Beech + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Elaine Beech
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Press Register, "Democrat Elaine Beech wins House District 65 seat," November 13, 2009
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- 2009 House District 65 Republican candidate, Alabama
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|Alabama House District 65
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|