|South Dakota House District 2|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Master's||Northern State University, Aberdeen, 1975|
|Place of birth||Mitchell, SD|
Elliott earned her M.S. in Elementary Education from Northern State University in Aberdeen, South Dakota in 1975.
Elliott worked as an Elementary Teacher and Literacy Coach for Aberdeen Public Schools and the State of South Dakota from 1965 to 2006.
Elliott joined the South Dakota State House of Representatives in 2009. She has served in that position since, representing the 2nd District. Elliott and her husband, Burt, have one child.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Elliott served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Elliott served on the following committees:
Elliott ran for re-election to one of two seats in District 2 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. Also running were fellow Democratic incumbent H. Paul Dennert, Lana Greenfield (R) and Norbert Barrie (R). H. Paul Dennert (D) and Elaine Elliott (D) won election in the November 2 general election.
|South Dakota State House, District 2 (2010)|
|H. Paul Dennert (D)||4,617||30.00%|
|Elaine Elliott (D)||4,053||26.34%|
|Lana Greenfield (R)||3,865||25.11%|
|Norbert Barrie (R)||2,855||18.55%|
In 2010, Elliott received $9,366 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Elaine Elliott's campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota Education Association||$750|
|South Dakota Association Of Realtors||$500|
|Brown County Democrats||$500|
|South Dakota Association Of Specialty Care Providers||$350|
|South Dakota Cable Telecommunications Association||$300|
|Total Raised in 2010||$9,366|
In 2008, Elliott collected $8,023 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Brown County Democratic Party||$400|
|Equality South Dakota||$300|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Elaine + Elliott + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Bison Women Trek to Colorado Springs for Air Force Classic Friday and Saturday - NDSU Bison Athletics
- Bison Women's Basketball Heads West for DoubleTree LA Westside ... - NDSU Bison Athletics
- Bison Women's Basketball Travels to Milwaukee for Saturday Morning Tilt - NDSU Bison Athletics
- NDSU Women's Basketball Looks to Bounce Back at Home Against Northern Iowa - NDSU Bison Athletics
- NDSU Women's Basketball Battles No. 25 Harvard Saturday - NDSU Bison Athletics
- NDSU WBB Travels to Maine for Non-Conference Game Thursday - NDSU Bison Athletics
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Elaine Elliott
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 2
| Succeeded by|