|U.S. House, Texas, District 13|
|Bachelor's||Texas Christian University|
|Master's||West Texas A&M|
|Profession||Certified financial planner|
Hays earned a BBA in Marketing from Texas Christian University. She then worked for two years as a stockbroker before becoming licensed as a Certified Financial Planner. Hays then received a Master of Science in Finance and Economics from West Texas A&M.
Hays has co-authored two books, "When God We Trust" and "Avoiding the Top Ten Money Mistakes."
Hays' campaign website listed the following issues:
- Living Within Our Means
- Excerpt: " Our debt as a percent of GDP has risen from 32% in the 1980s to currently over 105%. Our government must discipline itself to live within our means and stop mortgaging the opportunities of our future generations by placing this burden of debt upon them."
- Freedom of Speech
- Excerpt: "Courts have distorted the meaning of the First Amendment. While it was written to prevent the mandatory participation in a particular religion, it was not intended to create a vacuum of religious contribution. We were not to be protected from ever encountering religious symbols, speeches, or other contributions in our communities."
- Right to Bear Arms
- Excerpt: "Gun control is only successful in disarming law-abiding citizens. Criminals will obtain weapons regardless of the law. As a person who has a concealed carry license, it is my position that individuals should rely on their own ability to defend themselves rather than local law enforcement. We must also remember that the Second Amendment was written to protect citizens against a tyrannical government rather than from their neighbor."
- Energy Independence
- Excerpt: "Cheap energy has driven the US economy for decades. Fossil fuels still remain our main energy source, and although it is prudent to research and develop alternative sources, renewable energy such as wind and solar are still extremely costly and require massive subsidies."
- Defending the Unborn
- Excerpt: "One of the fundamental responsibilities of a government is to protect the lives of the people it governs. Valuing some life requires valuing all life. If a culture does not hold human life as sacred, human life is cheapened."
- Excerpt: "Opposition to illegal immigration is not to be confused with opposition to immigration. Previous attempts at immigration reform have failed because a key aspect, securing the borders, has never been prioritized."
|U.S. House, Texas District 13 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Mac Thornberry Incumbent||68.2%||45,168|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
|Elaine Hays (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 9, 2013||$0||$2,358||$(2,358)||$0|
|October Quarterly||October 14, 2013||$0||$31,930||$(25,323)||$6,606|
|Year-End||January 30, 2014||$6,606||$50,704||$(50,194)||$7,116|
Hays and her husband, Tracy, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Elaine + Hays + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 13th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 13th Congressional District
- Campaign website, "Home," accessed June 16, 2014
- Campaign website, "About Elaine," accessed January 21, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 21, 2014
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Elaine Hays July Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Elaine Hays October Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Elaine Hays Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |