|U.S. House, California, District 33|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Carr served in the U.S. Army in Iraq. He continues to serve in the U.S. Army Reserve Judge Advocate General's (JAG) Corps. After returning from Iraq, Carr joined the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office as a Deputy District Attorney.
Carr's campaign website lists the following issues:
—Elan Carr's campaign website, http://www.elancarrforcongress.com/issues.php
Carr is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 33rd District. Carr advanced past the crowded blanket primary on June 3, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, California District 33 Primary, 2014|
|Source: The New York Times Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
|Elan Carr (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0||$358,624||$(72,799)||$285,824|
|Pre-Primary||May 22, 2014||$285,824||$65,159||$(329,794)||$19,939|
**As of the 2014 Pre-Primary Report, Carr's committee owed $30,000 in outstanding loans to Elan Carr.
Carr and his wife, Dahlia, have two daughters and live in Los Angeles.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Elan + Carr + California + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 33rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 33rd Congressional District
- Los Angeles Times, "Bill Bloomfield passes on race for Waxman seat; Republican jumps in," February 10, 2014
- Campaign website, "About Elan," accessed April 23, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 23, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Federal Election Commission, "Elan Carr April Quarterly," accessed May 6, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Elan Carr Pre-Primary," accessed June 3, 2014