Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas Commissioner of Insurance|
|August 15, 2011 - May 27, 2013|
|February 1, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||July 20, 2011|
|Appointed by||Governor of Texas|
|Bachelor's||University of Houston (1984)|
|J.D.||South Texas College of Law (1986)|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Political career
- 3 Appointments
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Recent news
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
- 8 References
Kitzman was succeeded by Julia Rathgeber on May 27, 2013.
Immediately after law school, Kitzman clerked for the Texas Supreme Court before beginning her legal career with the Austin office of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld. Kitzman has held management positions with several insurance companies and served as the South Carolina Director of Insurance. She left her position as executive director of the South Carolina Budget and Control Board to accept Perry's appointment as insurance commissioner.
- B.A., University of Houston
- J.D., South Texas College of Law.
Texas Insurance Commissioner (2011 - 2013)
Kitzman was appointed by Gov. Rick Perry to a term effective August 15, 2011 and ending February 1, 2013. She was not reappointed and Julia Rathgeber became the new commissioner, effective May 27, 2013.
Executive director of the South Carolina Budget and Control Board (2011)
Kitzman served as executive director of the South Carolina Budget and Control Board for six months, resigning in July 2011.
South Carolina Director of Insurance (2005 - 2007)
Kitzman was appointed as Texas Commissioner of Insurance by Rick Perry (R) on July 20, 2011, to a term beginning August 15, 2011 and ending February 1, 2013. She was not reappointed and left office on May 27, 2013.
Comprehensive donor information for Kitzman is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Kitzman raised a total of $146,767 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 9, 2013.
|Eleanor Kitzman's Campaign Contribution History|
|2010||SC Lieutenant Governor||$146,767|
|Grand Total Raised||$146,767|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Eleanor + Kitzman + Texas + Insurance"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas Department of Insurance
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
- NAIC biography
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Statesman.com, "Perry names new insurance commissioner," July 20, 2011
- Dallas Morning News, "Texas Senate forcing out state insurance commissioner ," May 16, 2013
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners, "Biography: Eleanor Kitzman," accessed December 27, 2011
- Dallas Morning News, "Governor appoints new insurance commissioner," May 27, 2013
- FITS News, "Eleanor Kitzman Resigns," July 20, 2011
- Statesman.com, "Perry insurance pick has experience, ties to industry," July 25, 2011
- Follow the Money, " Career fundraising for Eleanor Kitzman," accessed May 9, 2013
|South Carolina Director of Insurance
| Succeeded by|
|Texas Commissioner of Insurance
| Succeeded by|