|Washington House of Representatives, District 39b|
|Bachelor's||Public Affairs, University of Oregon, 1979|
|J.D.||Gonzaga University School of Law, 1994|
|Profession||Contract Management, Policy Advocacy|
Bond's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "A strong educational system is the key to economic recovery and a stable job market for years to come. We must prepare students for fields including new energy and rapidly expanding technology. And with aerospace a huge part of our region, we need to ensure we are meeting the demand for machinists and other skilled positions."
- Excerpt: "US 2 and Highway 9 are major thoroughfares in the 39th LD. It’s vital to invest in upkeep and safety upgrades to prevent accidents. In addition, public transit options should be evaluated and implemented where possible."
- Public Safety
- Excerpt: "First responders (Police, Fire, EMT) must be fully prepared and equipped to do their jobs. This isn’t the place to cut corners. I won’t stand for taking chances with public safety."
- Economic Stability and Conservation
- Excerpt: "From major retailers to mom-and-pop stores, from sprawling farmland to small farmers markets, the goal must be to encourage business growth while protecting our way of life. I will work hard to strike a balance – the jobs we need to go along with the conservation we demand."
Walters ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 39b. Walters advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by Elizabeth Scott (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 39b, General Election, 2012|
Eleanor Walters ran for the Washington State House of Representatives District 39a. She ran unopposed in the August 17, 2010 primary. She was defeated by Republican Dan Kristiansen in the November 2, 2010 general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 39a Primary (2010)|
|Dan Kristiansen (R)||17,967||62.71%|
|Eleanor Walters (D)||10,685||37.29%|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Eleanor + Walters + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter feed
- Project Vote Smart profile
- LinkedIn Profile
- The Spokesman-Review Election Center profile, November 12, 2010
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |