Election aftermath: Two suspenseful races marked Missouri's state executive primaries
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri: There are five state executive seats up for election this year in Missouri: governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general, secretary of state and treasurer. In last night's primary election, every race except treasurer had at least one contested primary.
Four of the five incumbents are seeking re-election, but only two - Gov. Jay Nixon and Lt. Gov Peter Kinder - faced a challenger in yesterday's primary. Both won their races; Nixon won with approximately 86% of the vote and Kinder edged out Brad Lager by 2.6 points.
The following candidates (pending official certification of the primary results) will advance to the general election:
- Lt. Governor:
- Secretary of State:
- Attorney General:
- Missouri elections, 2012
- Missouri state executive official elections, 2012
- Missouri gubernatorial election, 2012
- Missouri lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2012
- Missouri attorney general election, 2012
- Missouri secretary of state election, 2012
- Missouri down ballot state executive elections, 2012
- Election preview: Five state executive seats on tomorrow's primary ballot in Missouri