The Legislative Operations and Elections Committee is a standing committee of the Nevada Assembly. This Committee was renamed from the former Elections, Procedures, Ethics, and Constitutional Amendments Committee, starting with the 2011 Legislative session. Per Assembly Rule 40, the committee is made up of nine members.
Per Assembly Rule 41, standing committees of the Nevada State Assembly are appointed biennially by the Assembly Speaker. The Speaker makes the appointments following the organization of the Assembly and the adoption of standing rules, which informs the Senate and Governor of Nevada that the chamber is ready to conduct business. Generally, minority membership is meant to be proportionate to that in the Assembly at-large, and is determined by minority caucuses and agreed to by the Speaker. The Speaker may appoint alternate members for an appropriate length in the event of incapacitation.
See rules: Assembly Standing Rules
||The Assembly Committee on Legislative Operations and Elections has jurisdiction over measures affecting Legislative operations and elections policy.
2015 legislative session
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2015 legislative session.
|Elections, Procedures, Ethics, and Constitutional Amendments Members, 2009|
|Democratic members (9)||Republican members (4)|
|• Ellen Koivisto, Chair, Elections, Procedures, and Ethics; Vice Chair, Constitutional Amendments||• Ty Cobb|
|• Harry Mortenson, Chair, Constitutional Amendments; Vice Chair, Elections, Procedures, and Ethics||• Heidi Gansert|
|• Marcus Conklin||• John Hambrick|
|• William Horne||• James Settelmeyer|
|• Ruben Kihuen|
|• Harvey Munford|
|• James Ohrenschall|
|• Tick Segerblom|
|• Debbie Smith|
- ↑ This information verified with Kathy in the Clerk's office on December 15, 2011.
- ↑ "Assembly Standing Committees, Seventy-Sixth Session - 2011, Permanent Schedule of Meetings
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Assembly Standing Rules," accessed February 5, 2014 Rule 40
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Assembly Standing Rules," accessed February 5, 2014 Rule 41
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "2013 Legislative Manual," accessed February 5, 2014 pp. 148, 153
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Assembly Standing Rules," accessed February 5, 2014 Rule 41.5
- ↑ Nevada State Assembly, "Legislative Operations and Elections," accessed February 5, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.