|Glossary of terms|
|Edit review process|
There are three aspects to this test: performing research on the wikis, performing research on the internet, and adding information to an established page. Upon completion of each element, add them to the section of this page called "Results." This test is timed; plan to spend approximately one hour on it in total. Note your start and finish times in the section below.
Before beginning the test you must register with Ballotpedia. Please create a user account for yourself following this naming pattern: First name, month, day. For example: Sara0317.
Note your start and finish times here.
Start time: 4:05 p.m.
End time: 5:34 p.m.
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format. Please use pages on the wiki to find your answers.
- How many statewide measures were on the 2008 South Dakota ballot?
- How many states have a Lieutenant Governor? Which states do not?
- Who are the members of the Michigan State Senate Redistricting Committee?
- How many measures relating to Medical Marijuana were on the ballot in 1998? Which (if any) were approved?
- Who is the current representative for District 35 in the Texas House of Representatives?
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format.
- Who is on the City Council for Sun Prairie, WI? When were they elected?
- What was the decision in the case of California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court in California?
- Who sponsored HB 477 in the Utah 2011 session? What did the bill do? What is it's current status?
For the final portion of the test you must add a vote results box from a historical mayoral race. Vote result boxes require important wiki skills including research, proper citations and table building code. Guidelines for adding one to a page can be found at Writing:Election histories (state legislators). Researching the race bulleted, add a small summary and the election box inside of the "Results" section indicated below. Follow the format used here
- Louisville, Kentucky mayoral election, 2010
In this section, add a link to the sub-section of the complex page you edited. Also write your answers to the research questions here in a bullet-pointed list.
- The 2008 South Dakota ballot had eight statewide measures.
- 45 states have a Lieutenant Governor. Maine, Arizona, Wyoming, New Hampshire and Oregon do not have one.
- The members of the Michigan State Redistricting Committee are Democrats Steven Bieda, Bert Johnson, and Virgil Smith and Republicans Joe Hune, Rick Jones, Dave Hildenbrand, Jim Marleau, John Moolenaar, and John Proos.
- In 1998, there were five ballot measures related to medical marijuana. Measures were approved in Alaska, Nevada, Oregon and Washington. Arizona also had a ballot measure related to medical marijuana, which was not approved.
- Oscar Longoria is the current representative for District 35 in the Texas House of Representatives.
- The City Council members in Sun Prairie, WI, are Russell Fassbender, Hariah Hutkowski, Jonathan Freund, Andrea Gage, Zachary Weber, Al Hoffmann, Dave Carlson, and Mary Polenske. Fassbender was elected in April 2007 and re-elected in 2009 and 2011.. Hutkowski was elected in April 2006 and re-elected in 2008, 2010 and 2012. Freund was elected in April 2006 and re-elected in 2008, 2010 and 2012. Gage was elected in April 2013. Weber was appointed in May 2004. He was first elected in 2005 and was re-elected in 2007, 2009 and 2011. Al Hoffmann was elected in April 2010 and re-elected in 2012. Carlson was elected in April 2013. Polenske was elected in April 2010 and was re-elected in 2012.
- In "California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court," the court ruled that California State University was required to disclose information regarding donors, but California State University, Fresno Assocation, Inc. was not required to disclose such information.
- John Dougall sponsored "HB 477" in the Utah 2011 session. The bill modified public access to government records. It was signed by Governor Gary Herbert in March 2011 and was repealed two weeks later.
In the open seat 2010 mayoral election in Louisville, KY, Democrat Greg Fischer defeated Republican Hal Heiner. Mayor Jerry Abramson stepped down to run for lieutenant governor in 2011.
- South Dakota 2008 ballot measures
- "Lieutenant Governor"
- "Redistricting Committee, Michigan State Senate"
- "1998 Ballot Measures"
- "List of Members in the Texas House of Representatives"
- [http://www.cityofsunprairie.com/city-council/all "City of Sun Prairie City Council Members">
- "Russell Fassbender"
- "Hariah Hutkowski"
- "Jonathan Freund"
- "Andrea Gage"
- "Zachary Weber"
- "Al Hoffmann"
- "Dave Carlson"
- "Mary Polenske"
- "California State University vs. Superior Court"
- "H.B. 477, Government Records Amendment"
- "H.B. 477, Government Records Amendment, Key Vote"
- "Utah lawmakers repeal H.B. 477"
- "Democrat Fischer win's Louisville mayor's race"