Elizabeth Crowley, New York
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 6|
|New York City Council|
Crowley ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 6th District. She sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket and faced Rory Lancman and Grace Meng, both members of the New York Assembly, and physician Robert Mittman in the June 26 Democratic primary. She was defeated by Meng in the primary.
Elizabeth Crowley's cousin, U.S. Representative and Queens Democratic Party Chairman Joseph Crowley, endorsed Meng over his relative. As a local Democratic leader, the congressman was heavily invested in the race; analysts suggested he would benefit from backing a winner after he endorsed a candidate in 2010 who went on to lose to Republican Bob Turner in an upset.
Regardless, the party is not expected to lose the seat. Joe Crowley's interest in supporting Meng was more about bolstering the "perceived strengths" of the local Democratic organization, analysts say. Meng did have the cash advantage, as well as the race advantage in a 40-percent Asian district. She was endorsed by The New York Times and EMILY's List, among others.
|U.S. House, New York District 6 Democratic Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Elizabeth + Crowley + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Third Way Op-Ed Writer Says Elizabeth Warren's Backing Of Social Security Plan ... - Huffington Post
- Think tank's criticism of Elizabeth Warren's populist policies leads to ... - Washington Post
- FAIRS AND FESTIVALS: Dec. 6 - Wicked Local
- From Alleviating Overcrowding to Restoring Art and Music, Parents Urge de ... - The Forum Newsgroup
- HUFFPOST HILL, sponsored by API - Decent Person Dead At 95, Roughly Eight ... - Huffington Post
- REFLECTIONS: A Larsen Christmas in Marblehead - Marblehead Reporter
- The Trial of Chelsea Manning - ABOUT US EDITOR'S NOTE About Us The Cairo Review of
- Elizabeth Warren Is The New Russ Feingold Or Howard Dean And That's Bad ... - Huffington Post
- Preview: 'Once,' a small show with big heart living large on stage - Plain Dealer
- Obama to insurers: No Bailout POLL: OBAMA NUMBERS TUMBLE Rocky road ... - Politico
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 AP/CSPAN "New York-Summary Vote Report," June 26, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Roll Call "Democratic Primary Going to Wire in Queens," June 19, 2012
- ↑ New York Daily News "Elizabeth Crowley, Grace Meng Log NY-6 Nods," April 23, 2012
- ↑ Politicker "Elizabeth Crowley Takes The Gloves Off, Bops Lancman [Video," June 18, 2012]
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |