Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Election Commissioner, Shawnee Co., KS|
In the run up to the 2008 state primary election contest, Ensley's office allotted forty-three Federal service ballots in an incorrect column, thus preventing optical scanning voting machines from uploading their results properly. This oversight, which Ensley attributed to simple human error, resulted in four-thousand ballots not being counted. 
Three months later, during the general election, an election board worker from Ensley's office inadvertently misplaced fourteen provisional ballots in the trunk of her car.  Ensley admitted to the mistake and said that it should never have happened.
- See also: Kansas Secretary of State election, 2010
|2010 Race for Secretary of State - Republican Primary|
|Kris Kobach (R)||50.7%|
|Elizabeth Ensley (R)||27.0%|
|J.R. Claeys (R)||22.3%|
Ensley for Secretary of State
5332 SW 17th St.
Topeka KS 66604
Phone: (785) 783-7704
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from August 4, 2010.
- Kansas City Star "Republican Elizabeth Ensley announces candidacy for Kansas secretary of state" 19 Jan. 2010
- Topeka Capital-Journal, "Ensley Deiter appointed magistrate judge," August 17, 2012, accessed July 22, 2013
- Kansas Kid Conservative "Claeys campaign comes out Strong against Elizabeth Ensley" 20 Jan. 2010
- The Topeka Capital-Journal "Worker finds ballots in trunk" 25 Nov. 2008
- Kansas Progress "JR Claeys for Secretary of State: Can Elizabeth Ensley be Trusted to Protect our Votes?" 5 Feb. 2010
- Kansas Secretary of State - 2010 Primary Election Results