|Iowa Utilities Board|
|May 1, 2011 - Present|
|April 30, 2017|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||February 28, 2011|
|Appointed by||Gov. Terry Branstad (R)|
|Bachelor's||University of Nebraska – Lincoln|
|Place of birth||Lincoln, Nebraska|
Before being named to the Iowa Utilities Board in 2011, Jacobs was president of The Jacobs Group, LLC, a consulting firm.
Her political background includes seven terms in the Iowa House of Representatives, from 1994 to 2008. During that time she served as Majority Whip for seven years and was on the Commerce, State Government and Appropriations Committees.
Jacobs has worked in the telecommunications, non-profit, and financial services industries.
She holds a bachelor's degree in political science from the University of Nebraska and a Master's of Public Administration from Drake University.
- BA, political science, University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- Master's of Public Administration, Drake University
Iowa Utilities Board (2011-present)
Jacobs has served as a member of the Iowa Utilities Board since 2011. She will serve as chair from May 1, 2011 to April 30, 2013, and her term will expire on April 30, 2017. She serves alongside Nick Wagner and Sheila Tipton.
Iowa House of Representatives (1994-2008)
Jacobs was a member of the Iowa House of Representatives from 1994-2008.
Comprehensive donor information for Jacobs is available dating back to 1998. Based on available campaign finance records, Jacobs raised a total of $176,608 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 11, 2013.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Elizabeth + Jacobs + Iowa "
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alice in Chains announces tour - Detroit Free Press
- Top of the class for Jan. 26 - Rapid City Journal
- Theater Listings for Jan. 24-30 - New York Times
- Snow Days Now Mean Different Things in Spring - KWQC 6
- Morningside College announces graduates, academic achievements - Sioux City Journal
- Barbara Jacobs - Quad City Times
- Class notes - Battle Creek Enquirer
- New Law Lets Rural Illinois Ambulances Offer Advanced Care - KWQC 6
- Officers Urge Safety for Snowmobilers - KWQC 6
- Sherrard Parents Petition to Change School Calendar - KWQC 6
|Iowa Utilities Board
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |