|South Dakota State Senate District 33|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||Four terms|
|South Dakota State House of Representatives|
Kraus worked as a medical technician until retirement. Her first experience in state politics came when she was elected to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2002 and served until 2006. Kraus resides in Rapid City.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kraus served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, South Dakota State Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, South Dakota State Senate, Vice Chair
Kraus defeated J.P. Duniphan in the June 8 primary. She does not face any opposition in the November 2 general election.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 33 (2010)|
|Elizabeth Kraus (R)||5,668||100.00%|
In 2010, Kraus raised a total of $27,513 in campaign funds. Her top contributors were:
|Bochna, Gary & Sue||$1,000|
|Wenzel, Gary R||$1,000|
|Meyer, Dr. Richard & Gayla||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Elizabeth + Kraus + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2004, 2002
Dennis Schmidt (R)
|South Dakota State Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|
Phil Jensen (R)