|South Dakota House of Representatives District 27|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, May served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent Kevin Killer and Anna Takes the Shield were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Elizabeth May was unopposed in the Republican primary. Everette McKinley is running as an Independent candidate. Killer will face Takes the Sheild, May and McKinley in the general election.
May won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 27. May ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5 and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 27, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kevin Killer Incumbent||45%||3,698|
Comprehensive donor information for Elizabeth May is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Elizabeth May raised a total of $8,591 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 27, 2013.
|Elizabeth May's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 27||$6,948|
|2006||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 27||$1,643|
|Grand Total Raised||$8,591|
2012Elizabeth May won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Elizabeth May raised a total of $6,948.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Elizabeth May's campaign in 2012|
|GOP House Future Pac||$1,500|
|Peter Norbeck Pac||$500|
|Daugaard for South Dakota||$250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$6,948|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Elizabeth + May + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 27
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election Unofficial Results," accessed June 3, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "May, Elizabeth," accessed September 27, 2013
Ed Iron Cloud, III (D)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 27
| Succeeded by|