|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fourteenth Bristol|
|1999 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Poirier is a member of the Town of North Attleboro Republican Committee.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Poirier served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Bonding, Capital Expenditures and State Assets, Chair|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Poirier served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Poirier has yet to be appointed to any committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Poirier served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Personnel and Administration|
|• Veterans and Federal Affairs Joint|
|• Bonding, Capital Expenditures and State Assets|
|• Elder Affairs Joint|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Elizabeth Poirier was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election.
Poirier won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Fourteenth Bristol District. Poirier was unopposed in the September 6 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Fourteenth Bristol District (2010)|
|Elizabeth Poirier (R)||12,828|
On November 4, 2008, Poirier won re-election in the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Fourteenth Bristol district. In this election she raised $32,117; of that total $31,162- (97.0%) was from in state contributions and $955- (3.0%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Fourteenth Bristol district|
|Elizabeth Poirier (R)||17,338|
In 2010, Poirier received $31,461 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Elizabeth Poirier's campaign in 2010|
|Retired Public Employees||$1,000|
|Egan, Christopher F||$500|
|Atwill, Michael L||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$31,461|
Poirier raised $32,117 in the 2008 election cycle.
Her major contributors are listed below.
|Massachusetts Independent PAC for Supporting Working Families||$1,000|
|Raymond B. Ruddy||$500|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.===2013===
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization of employers.
- Mass Audubon: 2011-2012 Report Card
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Massachusetts Public Interest Research Group 2011-2012 Public Interest Research Group
- Legislators are scored on votes on issues including health care costs, consumer protection, recycling, transportation and democracy.
Poirier has served as Vice President of the Chamber of Commerce and President of the Downtown Associates of North Attleboro.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Elizabeth + Poirier + Massachusetts + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2010,2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Poirier
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Bristol 14
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |