Elizabeth Steiner Hayward
|Elizabeth Steiner Hayward|
|Oregon State Senate District 17|
|January 5, 2012-Present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||January 5, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Chicago, 1985|
|M.D.||University of Massachusetts, 1991|
|Birthday||April 5, 1963|
Steiner-Hayward earned her B.A. in Religion in the Humanities from the University of Chicago in 1985 and her M.D. from the University of Massachusetts in 1991. Her professional experience includes being the Direction of the Breast Health Education Program at the Oregon Health & Science University Cancer Institute, working as an Associate Professor at the Oregon Health & Science University and as a Reviewer for the Annals of Family Medicine.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hayward served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health Care and Human Services|
|• Ways and Means|
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Oregon State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Elizabeth Steiner Hayward was unopposed in the Democratic primary. John Verbeek was unopposed in the Republican primary. Steiner Hayward is running on the Independent and Working Families Party tickets and Verbeek is running on the Libertarian ticket. Steiner Hayward and Verbeek will face off in the general election.
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2012
Hayward won re-election in the 2012 election for Oregon State Senate District 17. Hayward was unopposed in the May 15 Democratic primary and defeated John Verbeek (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon State Senate, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Elizabeth Steiner Hayward Incumbent||66.5%||37,545|
Comprehensive donor information for Hayward is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Hayward raised a total of $184,317 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 12, 2013.
|Elizabeth Steiner Hayward's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oregon State Senate, District 17||$184,317|
|Grand Total Raised||$184,317|
2012Hayward won election to the Oregon State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Hayward raised a total of $184,317.
|Oregon State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Elizabeth Steiner Hayward's campaign in 2012|
|Oregon Democratic Party||$19,753|
|Oregon Medical Association||$11,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$184,317|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 77th Oregon State Legislature, first session, was in session from February 4 to July 9. In 2014, the 77th Oregon State Legislature, second session, was in session from February 3 to March 10.
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2013 Senate Votes
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2013 House Votes
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2014 State Legislative Summary
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills that impacted the businesses of family farmers and ranchers.
- American Federation of Teachers-Oregon: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for issues that are important to AFT-Oregon. Priorities of the organization are based on the issues most important to its members working lives.
- Associated Oregon Industries: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to the business community.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Oregon: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to civil liberties.
- Oregon Education Association: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their record in advocating for and advancing Oregon's public schools.
- Stand for Children-Oregon: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to Oregon's public schools.
- Oregon League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to conservation.
- Oregon AFSCME: 2013 Report Card on the Oregon Legislature
- Senators were scored on 14 key bills, while Representatives were graded on 17 bills.
In 2014, Steiner Hayward's endorsements include the following:
Steiner-Hayward and her husband, Michael, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Elizabeth + Hayward + Oregon + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Official campaign Website
- Profile from the Oregon State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Elizabeth Steiner Hayward on Facebook
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Oregon Live, "Elizabeth Steiner Hayward bests Rep. Chris Harker to win Oregon state Senate seat," December 21, 2011
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Steiner-Hayward," accessed May 23, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the Senate," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2012 Oregon State Senate Official Primary Results," accessed May 23, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed May 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Steiner Hayward, Elizabeth," accessed June 12, 2013
- Elizabeth for Oregon, "Endorsers," accessed August 28, 2014
|Oregon State Senate District 17
January 5, 2012–present
| Succeeded by|