|Houston City Council, District C|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||6 years (3 terms)|
|Texas House of Representatives|
- Appropriations Committee, Texas House
- Appropriations-S/C on Health & Human Services
- Appropriations-S/C on Hurricane
- Higher Education Committee, Texas House
- HB 2070 - Relating to the fee based on admissions to certain sexually oriented businesses.
- HB 4476 - Relating to eligibility requirements for the tuition equalization grant program.
- HB 4722 - Relating to the creation of the Harris County Improvement District No. 11; providing authority to impose a tax and issue bonds.
Cohen lost re-election in 2010. She was unopposed in the March 2 Democratic primary and was defeated by Republican Sarah Davis in the general election on November 2, 2010.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 134 |
2010 General election results
|Sarah Davis (R)||25,955||50.68%|
|Ellen Cohen (D)||25,254||49.31%|
Her four largest contributors in 2010 are:
|Perry, Bob J||$10,000|
|5 Donors, Each Donating $5,000||$5,000|
|4 Donors, Each Donating $2,500||$2,500|
On November 4, 2008, Cohen won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from the 134th District, receiving 37,892 votes ahead of Republican Joe Agris (28,843) and Libertarian Mhair Dekmezian (1,585). She raised $516,367 for her campaign; Agris raised $17,427.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 134|
|Ellen Cohen (D)||37,892||55.46%|
|Joe Agris (R)||28,843||42.21%|
|Mhair S. Dekmezian (L)||1,585||2.31%|
Cohen raised $1,009,303 for her campaign while Wong raised $832,449 and Dekmezian raised $3,025.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 132 (2006)|
|Ellen Cohen (D)||25,219|
|Marth Wong (R)||20,005|
|Mhair Dekmezian (L)||1,018|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ellen + Cohen + Houston"
- All stories may not be relevant due to the nature of the search engine.
- City of Houston, "District C," accessed on December 8, 2014
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Cohen
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions to Ellen Cohen
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current Election History," accessed February 24, 2014
- District 134 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Texas House official election results for 2006
- District 132 Texas House candidate funds, 2006
|Houston City Council, District C
| Succeeded by|
|Texas House District 134
| Succeeded by|
Sarah Davis (R)