|Hawaii House of Representatives District 37|
Svrcina's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Hawai'i is blessed with ideal weather year round and the most beautiful vegetation, fresh water, and bountiful ocean fishing. We must protect what we have while exploiting these gifts to their fullest. The man-made 'global warming' hoax has been exposed. There is no looming environmental crisis."
- Excerpt: "Petroleum and natural gas is plentiful in the USA and its surrounding areas. The USA has learned to extract these resources with minimal impact to the environment. ...Costly renewable energy programs that destroy the beauty of our State like the wind turbines, should be discontinued until they pay for themselves or are pursued by private enterprises. Government must get out of the energy business."
- Excerpt: "American has been the most innovative country in the world since the industrial and technological revolutions. We have gone from an agriculture, industrial, to a knowledge based society. We can produce more food from smaller areas; manufacture more goods with higher consistent quality, and create new products before there is a demand for them."
- Excerpt: "The need for brick and mortar schools has passed. With the access to the internet, and on-line education, we no longer need to send our children to school to be forced to learn in lock-step with students who are either faster or slower learners. Using new technologies, students can learn at their own pace, during the hours that are best for them, not best for the education system."
- Excerpt: "Hawai'i's beauty was meant to be shared. The travel industry is one of the main sources of employment in the State. Jobs in the hotel and restaurant business are a great place for job entry and growth. They are great training grounds for showing ones dependability, initiative, and trustworthiness. Hawai'i should be known not only for it's beauty by the quality of service."
Svrcina ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 37. Svrcina ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Ryan Yamane (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 37, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ryan Yamane Incumbent||80%||8,660|
Svrcina is married and has children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Emil + Svrcina + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Emil Svrcina, "The Plan," accessed October 3, 2012
- State of Hawaii: Office of Elections, "Federal/State/County Candidates, 2012 Primary Elections," retrieved June 11, 2012
- Hawaii Secretary of State - Official 2012 Primary Results
- State of Hawaii Office of Elections, “Hawaii General 2012 - State of Hawaii – Statewide,” November 20, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Emil Svrcina," accessed October 3, 2012