The Energy, Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee is a standing committee of the Tennessee State Senate.
Per Section 73 of the Senate Rules, all standing, special, and select committees of the Tennessee State Senate are appointed by the Speaker of the Senate.
In each standing committee, the Speaker of the Senate appoints one Chairman, one 1st Vice-Chairman, and one 2nd Vice-Chairman. The Speaker may also appoint a Chairman Emeritus at his or her discretion.
The Speaker considers the abilities, preferences, seniority of members, and the political party representation in the House when appointing committees and committee officers.
The appointed chairmen of each standing committees are responsible for attendance roll call, and absences are to be reported to the Speaker of the Senate.
See rules: Temporary Rules of Order
||Responsible for legislation concerning energy; forestry; natural resources; conservation, game and fish, mines and minerals. Additionally, the Committee is also responsible for legislation regarding matters relating to pollution of air, water and land; parks and recreations; state parks and recreational districts; mineral resources of public lands; public and geological surveys, accretion, alluvium, and dereliction of public and private lands; watershed districts; soil conservation; soil conservation districts; flood and drainage projects; construction, improvement and maintenance of waterways, lakes and streams; registering and licensing of vessels and small boats; tourism; military parks and battlefields; and environment.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 State of Tennessee, "Temporary Rules of Order of the Senate for the One Hundred Eighth General Assembly," March 14, 2013(Section 73)
- ↑ State of Tennessee, "Temporary Rules of Order of the Senate for the One Hundred Eighth General Assembly," March 14, 2013(Section 74)
- ↑ State of Tennessee, "Temporary Rules of Order of the Senate for the One Hundred Eighth General Assembly," March 14, 2013(Section 83.7)
- ↑ Tennessee General Assembly, "Senate Standing Committee - Energy, Agriculture and Natural Resources," accessed January 22, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.