Eric A. Feige
|Eric A. Feige|
|Alaska House of Representatives District 6|
|January 24, 2011-Present|
|January 26, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||West Point (1983)|
|Master's||Penn State University (1991)|
|Years of service||1983-1992|
|Place of birth||Meriden, CT|
Feige graduated from West Point Military Academy in 1983 and attended graduate studies at Penn State. His professional experience includes working as an owner/operator of a flight school, commercial airline pilot, instructor of Physical Geography at West Point Military Academy, founder of Chickaloon Fire Service and co-owner of a bed and breakfast since 2001. Feige served in the United States Army from 1983 to 1992.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Feige served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Resources, Co-chair|
|• Armed Services|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Feige served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Armed Services|
|• Resources, Co-Chair|
Feige's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- The Legislator’s Job As I See It
- Excerpt: "Fair representation for everyone within the District."
- Excerpt: "A stable business-friendly climate is essential. More jobs mean more prosperity for all."
- Alaskan Family Values
- Excerpt: "Reinforce the rights of parents to raise their kids. Promote an atmosphere of honestly, integrity, and service for all."
- Fiscally Conservative State Government
- Excerpt: "There needs to be a limit to the scope of what government provides. Budget for two years."
- Excerpt: "Provide quality schools with adequate funding and demand higher performance and accountability."
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 19, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Mabel H. Wimmer is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while District 6 incumbent Eric A. Feige will face Jim Colver and George Rauscher in the Republican primary.
Feige won re-election in the 2012 election for Alaska House of Representatives District 6. He defeated George Rauscher in the August 28, 2012 Republican primary and defeated Jamey Duhamel (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Eric Feige Incumbent||72.2%||4,879|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 6 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Eric A. Feige Incumbent||53.3%||1,373|
|Alaska House of Representatives District 12 General Election (2010)|
|Eric A. Feige (R)||3,166||62.37%|
|Bert L. Cottle (D)||1,863||36.70%|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 12 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Eric A. Feige (R)||666|
|Don Haase (R)||660|
|Pete Fellman (R)||658|
Comprehensive donor information for Feige is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Feige raised a total of $69,041 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 1, 2013.
|Eric A. Feige's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Alaska State House, District 6||$31,351|
|2010||Alaska State House, District 12||$37,690|
|Grand Total Raised||$69,041|
2012Feige won re-election to the Alaska House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Feige raised a total of $31,351.
|Alaska House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Eric A. Feige's campaign in 2012|
|Alaska Republican Party||$2,500|
|Associated General Contractors of Alaska||$1,500|
|Bp North America||$1,500|
|Mat-Su Republican Womens Club||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$31,351|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Feige won election to the Alaska House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Feige raised a total of $37,690.
|Alaska House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Eric A. Feige's campaign in 2010|
|Alaska Republican Party||$8,650|
|Associated General Contractors of Alaska||$1,000|
|Alaska Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$37,690|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 28th Alaska State Legislature was in session from January 21 to April 20.
- The Alaska Business Report Card - 2014 Legislative Report Card
- Prosperity Alaska Report Card - 2014 Legislative Report Card
- The Alaska Business Report Card - 2012 Legislative Report Card
Feige and his wife, Corri, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Eric + Feige + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska State Legislature
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House Committees
- Alaska House of Representatives District 6
- Official campaign website
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Legislative profile
- Eric Feige on Facebook
- Eric Feige on LinkedIn
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Alaska House of Representatives of Representatives, "House Majority Members" accessed September 18, 2012
- feige4house.org, "Platform," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Election Division, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed November 16, 2012
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed March 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Feige, Eric A," accessed August 1, 2013
- StateScape, Session schedules, accessed April 30, 2012
|Alaska House of Representatives District 6
| Succeeded by|
John Harris (R)
|Alaska House of Representatives District 12
| Succeeded by|