Georgia State Senate, District 40
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
Christ was unopposed in the January 20 primary.
|Georgia State Senate, District 40 - Democratic Primary (2010)|
On his campaign website, Christ lists five issues he is concerned about. They are:
- Excerpt: "Without a fully-funded, accountable public education system, employers will not find Georgia an attractive place to locate their operations."
- Excerpt: "Without a comprehensive plan that extends MARTA rail service, adds new light rail and high speed connections, and integrates bus and shuttle services, the increasing traffic gridlock will divide Atlanta into multiple, smaller labor markets - and employers will leave."
- Property taxes
- Excerpt: "I support efforts to give local governments more flexibility when looking at alternatives to raising property taxes such as targeted user fees or School Infrastructure Local Option (SILO) taxes - a variant of the Local Option Sales Tax."
- Government Reform
- Excerpt: "Public service was a public trust. While progress was made in the last session, there is significant room for improvement in our ethics laws. First, eliminate all gifts from lobbyists to legislators..."
- Excerpt: "Georgia should end the political games around redistricting and join the 16 states that use a bipartisan or independent commission to draw district lines. Specifically, Georgia should have an independent, nonpartisan commission that sets district boundaries based solely on population equality and compactness."
- Georgia Department of Elections list of state senate candidates
- July 20, 2010 Georgia Senate primary results
- Eric Christ campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Eric Christ on Facebook
- Eric Christ on YouTube
- Eric Christ on Twitter