|Florida House of Representatives, District 44|
|April 9, 2014-Present|
|November 18, 2014|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||April 8, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Florida House Of Representatives|
|November 2008 - November 16, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Florida Southern College (2000)|
|J.D.||Vanderbilt University Law School (2003)|
|Birthday||February 6, 1977|
|Place of birth||Arcadia, Florida|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Endorsements
- 7 Scorecards
- 8 Recent news
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
- 11 References
Eisnaugle's professional experience includes working as an attorney and Guardian Ad Litem. He has served on the Board of Directors of the Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida and as a member of the Judicial Nominating Commission of the Ninth Judicial Court.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Eisnaugle served on these committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Rules & Calendar, Vice-chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Eisnaugle served on these committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Civil Justice & Courts Policy|
|• Criminal & Civil Justice Appropriations|
|• Economic Development Policy, Vice-chair|
|• Insurance, Business & Financial Affairs Policy|
Eisnaugle did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provided voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Eisnaugle's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 881 - "Florida Research Commercialization Matching Grant Program: Creates Florida Research Commercialization Matching Grant Program"
- HB 7015 - "OGSR/Campaign Finance Reports: Removes scheduled repeal under Open Government Sunset Review Act of exemption from public records requirements for user identifications & passwords held by DOS, & information entered in DOS's electronic filing system, in connection with electronic filing of campaign finance reports"
- HB 7041 - "OGSR/Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition, Inc.: Removes scheduled repeal under Open Government Sunset Review Act of exemption from public records requirements for information held by Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition, Inc"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. Incumbent Eric Eisnaugle will face Stephen Facella in the Republican primary. Matthew Falconer is running as an Independent.
Eric Eisnaugle (R) defeated Shaun Raja (D) in the special election, which took place on April 8. Raja was unopposed in the March 11 Democratic primary, while Eisnaugle defeated Stephen Vincent Facella in the March 11 Republican primary.
Eisnaugle, a state representative from 2008-2012, chose not to run for re-election in 2012 when redistricting drew him against fellow Rep. Stephen Precourt (R). With Precourt term-limited in 2014, Eisnaugle planned to run for the seat again. Several Republicans, including Speaker Steve Crisafulli (R), backed Eisnaugle. "Eric’s track record of leadership will allow him to serve his Orange County constituents well. It is obvious that his message of job growth and fiscal responsibility resonated with the voters of his district." Crisafulli said.
A special election for the position of Florida House of Representatives District 44 was called for April 8, with a primary if necessary on March 11. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 23.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 44, Special Election, 2014|
Eisnaugle did not run for re-election in 2012.
Eisnaugle won re-election to the 40th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the August 24 primary. He defeated Todd Christian (D) and Darin Dunmire (Florida Tea Party) in the general election, which took place on November 2, 2010.
| Florida House of Representatives, District 40 |
2010 General election results
|Eric Eisnaugle (R)||24,915||60.45%|
|Todd Christian (D)||14,795||35.90%|
|Darin Dunmire (Tea)||1,505||3.65%|
On November 4, 2008, Eisnaugle won election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 40th District, defeating Todd Christian (D). Eisnaugle received 30,907 votes in the election while Christian received 28,010 votes. Eisnaugle raised $280,740 for his campaign; Christian raised $16,334.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 40|
|Eric Eisnaugle (R)||30,907||52.5%|
|Todd Christian (D)||28,010||47.5%|
In 2010, Eisnaugle raised $289,946 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Florida Republican Party||$35,669|
|Florida Chamber Of Commerce||$5,000|
|Florida Police Benevolent Association||$3,500|
|Hospital Corp Of America||$2,500|
Below are Eisnaugle's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Institute of CPAs||$4,500|
|FL Republican Party||$3,456|
|Hospital Corporation of America||$2,500|
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$2,500|
Eisnaugle was endorsed by:
- Central Florida Tea Party Council
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Americans for Prosperity Florida
- Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Health Care Association
- Florida Sheriff's Association
- Let Florida Decide
- Liberty First Network
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Eric + Eisnaugle + Florida + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida state legislative districts
- Profile from the Florida House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Eric Eisnaugle on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart, "Eric Eisnaugle's Biography," accessed January 24, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Eric Eisnaugle's Issue Positions (Political Courage Test)," accessed January 24, 2014
- Florida Dvision of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
- Orlando Sentinel "Eric Eisnaugle wins special election in Florida House District 44," April 8, 2014
- Florida Department of State, "Official special election results," accessed May 7, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed January 24, 2014
- sunshinestatenews.com, "Eric Eisnaugle Closer to Tallahassee Return After Big Primary Win," March 11, 2014
- sunshinestatenews.com, "Eric Eisnaugle Breezes Back to Florida House after Stunning Special Election Victory," April 8, 2014
- Orlando Sentinel, "Special election set to replace Steve Precourt in Florida House," January 12, 2014
- Florida Department of Elections, "H44 Notice of Election," accessed January 21, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Election Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 21, 2012
- Florida Election Watch, "2010 Election results (Archived)," accessed January 24, 2014
- Florida Department of Elections, "Official 2008 election results," accessed January 24, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "2008 contributions," accessed January 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "2008 contributions," accessed January 24, 2014
- Central Florida Tea Party Council, "Eisnaugle endorsement," accessed January 24, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
Stephen Precourt (R)
|Florida House of Representatives District 44
| Succeeded by|
|Florida House of Representatives District 40
| Succeeded by|
Seth D. McKeel (R)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |