For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 90|
|January 7, 2013 – present|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin – Madison, 2002|
|Master's||University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, 2010|
Genrich graduated from the University of Wisconsin–Madison with a bachelor's degree in 2002, and then completed a master's degree from University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee in 2010.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Genrich served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Urban and Local Affairs|
|• Housing and Real Estate|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Energy and Utilities|
|• Information Policy and Technology|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Genrich served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Housing and Real Estate|
|• Ways and Means|
Genrich's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "We have unemployment and underemployment rates that are unacceptably and unnecessarily high. We need to reinvest in our public services and infrastructure and support innovative economic opportunities that have the potential to offer high-paying, secure employment to all residents."
- Excerpt: "We need to recommit the state to maintaining a public education system that gives all kids access to good schools and highly trained professional teachers. We need to stop the bleeding and then get to work creating an education finance system that ensures equal educational opportunities to all children, regardless of their personal circumstances."
- Excerpt: "The wealth and income inequality gaps that we see in this state and nation are unjust and economically disastrous. I will fight to restore some semblance of fairness to our tax code by asking the wealthiest individuals and corporations among us to pay their fair share."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Eric Genrich was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Eric Wimberger was unopposed in the Republican primary. Shae Sortwell ran as a Serving Liberty and the People Party candidate. Genrich, Wimberger and Sortwell faced off in the general election. Incumbent Genrich defeated both challengers, and was re-elected for another term.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 90 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Eric Genrich Incumbent||55%||7,953|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Genrich won election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 90. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated David Vanderleest (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 90, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Genrich is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Genrich raised a total of $27,701 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 7, 2013.
|Eric Genrich's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 90||$27,701|
|Grand Total Raised||$27,701|
2012Genrich won election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Genrich raised a total of $27,701.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Eric Genrich's campaign in 2012|
|Wisconsin Wholesale Beer Distributors||$500|
|American Federation of State County & Municipal Employees||$500|
|Bay Lakes United Educators||$500|
|Wisconsin Teamsters Joint Council 39||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$27,701|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Wisconsin State Legislature was in session from January 14 through June 4.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on voting, money in politics and democracy reform legislation.
- Legislators are scored on "how well [their votes] represented the priorities of the MMAC."
- Legislators are scored on whether they voted for or against NPCW's position.
- Legislators are scored on whether they voted for or against the Wisconsin AFL-CIO's position.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on conservation issues.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on legislation WMC deemed as "most important issues for the business community."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on legislation that "impact Wisconsin's law enforcement community."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environmental bills.
In 2014, Genrich's endorsements included the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Eric + Genrich + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly Committees
- Wisconsin Joint Committees
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Assembly Office Website
- Rep. Genrich's personal website
- Profile from Open States
- Eric Genrich on Facebook
- Campaign Facebook page
- Eric Genrich on Twitter
- Eric Genrich on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Genrich for Assembly, "Issues," accessed October 28, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall Partisan Primary," accessed May 5, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall General Election," accessed May 5, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Genrich, Eric," accessed June 7, 2013
- Genrich for Assembly, "Endorsements," accessed October 28, 2014
Karl Van Roy (R)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 90
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |