Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Vineland Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Profession||Employee development specialist|
Girone earned an undergraduate degree in Organizational Leadership from Neumann College in 2012. He has worked at Boeing since 2006 and currently serves as an employee development specialist.
- See also: Vineland Public Schools elections (2013)
Girone ran for a one-year unexpired term on the board against four other candidates on November 5, 2013.
|Vineland Public School Board, 1-year unexpired term, November 5, 2013|
|Source: Cumberland County Clerk, "2013 General Election Results," accessed January 29, 2014|
Girone reported no contributions or expenditures to the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission.
Girone received no endorsements during this election.
What was at stake?
Incumbents Scott English and Alan Mounier sought re-election to the board against four challengers on November 5, 2013. Frank Bongiovanni was appointed to replace Carols Mercado until the general election. English won re-election while the two remaining spots were filled by Richard Baruffi and Brian DeWinne. Tom Ulrich ran for the unexpired one-year term left by Carlos Mercado rather than pursuing another full term and won election to that seat.
About the district
- See also: Vineland Public Schools, New Jersey
Vineland lagged behind state rates for poverty, median income and higher education achievement in 2010. The city had a poverty rate of 13.1% in the 2010 U.S. Census while the state rate was 9.4%. The 2010 U.S. Census calculated Vineland's median income at $54,978 while the state median income was $71,180. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (16.8%) is below the state average (35%).
Note: Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" percentage, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off. Read more about race and ethnicity in the Census here.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Eric + Girone + Vineland + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vineland Public Schools, " Frank Bongiovanni Selected for Temporary Vacancy on School Panel," August 8, 2013 (timed out)
- LinkedIn, "Eric Girone," accessed October 22, 2013
- New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission, "Standard Search," accessed December 27, 2013
- 2010 U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Vineland," accessed October 22, 2013
- Cumberland County Board of Elections, "Election Results," accessed October 22, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014