|Indiana State Senate District 8|
Harris is a former property claims adjuster and attended Indiana University-Bloomington, shortly studying Political Science.
Harris ran for South Bend City Council in 2011 for an At-Large bid. One of three Republicans who lost to three Democrats for the open three seat position, he received 3,756 votes.
In information submitted to Ballotpedia, Harris said that his political philosophy "is to advocate issues for voters that has been avoided for many years. Improving graduation rates, networking with business leaders to increase infrastructure and keeping individuals involved in the area economic arena accountable for any decision-making that would affect the voters."
- See also: Indiana State Senate elections, 2012
Harris ran in the 2012 election for Indiana State Senate District 8. Harris defeated Austin Griffin in the May 8 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Joe Arnold (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana State Senate, District 8, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jim Arnold Incumbent||58.3%||30,777|
|Indiana State Senate, District 8 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Eric + Harris + Indiana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biographical information submitted Ballotpedia, May 4, 2012
- Associated Press "Election Results 2012" Accessed May 8, 2012
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, " Official 2012 General Election Results," accessed January 19, 2013
- Information submitted to BP from candidate via email and bio submission form.