|Michigan House of Representatives, District 58|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
Leutheuser's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Seek creative and common sense solutions
- Excerpt: "In business as well as in community service, I have demonstrated the temperament to gain the respect of people of all viewpoints and from all walks of life. I will be able to step into the work at hand in the legislature on “day one”, protecting our shared values while advancing common sense solutions."
Encourage economic growth and job creation
- Excerpt: " Now is the time to continue and refine those policies that will attract and retain job providers. Because only more jobs can enhance our tax base, better fund our schools, infrastructure needs, and help us fulfill our promise to seniors and to our future generations, who deserve a chance to grow up and find good jobs right here in Michigan -- once one of the most prosperous states in the nation."
Help students, parents and teachers succeed
- Excerpt: "All three have the same goal, really. We can help them succeed if we give our students safe environments, worthy material to learn and high expectations that they will do so. Parents will be our partners when we respect that they want the best for their children -- and when they take on the responsibility themselves that is needed to make that possible."
Fund road repairs with fairness and accountability
- Excerpt: "The bottom line: Our infrastructure was built generations ago during a period of prosperity, and needs to be rebuilt during a time when more and more state resources are going elsewhere. Another fact: Further delays will only make our costs increase. So restoration must begin quickly, but deliberately, so as to be a fair as possible."
Keep agriculture strong
- Excerpt: "Perhaps no other industry better displays the strength of our great state and people. Resilient, adaptive, open for new ideas while always honoring timeless virtues, agriculture is the foundation. It provides jobs that can’t be shipped away and the commerce that drives the entire economy. We need to be sure our hard-working Ag producers are able to compete fairly in the marketplace and their operations are not hamstrung by harmful policies."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Amaryllis Thomas was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Seven challengers ran in the Republican primary; Eric Leutheuser came in first, with Tim Haberl following. Leutheuser defeated Thomas in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 58 General Election, 2014|
In 2014, Leutheuser's endorsements included the following:
- Small Business Association of Michigan
- Farm Bureau AgriPac
- Former Congressman Nick Smith
- Mike Nye
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Eric + Leutheuser + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 58
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan House Republicans - Eric Leutheuser
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Eric Leutheuser on Facebook
- ericleutheuser.com, "Issues," accessed July 30, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- ericleutheuser.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 30, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
Kenneth Kurtz (R)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 58
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |