Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii State Senate District 10|
|Bachelor's||BS, Business Management, University of Phoenix|
Marshall was the Republican nominee for District 10 in the Hawaii State Senate in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections. The primary election was on September 18, and the general election was on November 2, 2010.
Marshall's campaign website listed the following issues:
- "Creating job incentives for businesses to hire more workers. ...Decreasing the tax & regulatory burden for families and businesses."
- "Establishing excellence in our educational system and preventing the indoctrination of our children from risky alternative lifestyles . ...Equipping our students on money management and helping college graduates to become young business leaders in and for Hawai’i."
- Efficiency of Government
- "To reform government by introducing term limits for public office. ...Eliminating closed door deals by expanding the Sunshine Law* to the legislative branch."
- Traditional Family Values
- "Protecting the Hawaii Constitutional Marriage Law that currently states marriage to between a Man and Woman . ...Supporting the rights of women for the choice of life rather than being pressured by society and especially irresponsible men to have abortions."
Adopting a Child
In a press release, Marshall said the Tuesday before the election that, if elected, he would use his legislative salary to adopt a child.
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2012
Marshall ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii State Senate District 10. Marshall ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 9 incumbent Les Ihara, Jr. (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii State Senate, District 10, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Les Ihara, Jr. Incumbent||77.7%||13,703|
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2010
Marshall married Yuri Fujikawa of Osaka, Japan in 2005.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Eric + Marshall + Hawaii + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- 5 things to know after Chiefs rout Raiders 56-31 - Hawaii News Now
- AP Sportlight - News & Observer
- It's time for medical marijuana legislation - Lancaster Newspapers
- Eric Marshall, "Vision," accessed September 16, 2012
- Hawaii Reporter, "State Senate Candidate Eric Marshall: I will use Legislative salary to adopt a child if elected," October 30, 2012
- State of Hawaii: Office of Elections, "Federal/State/County Candidates, 2012 Primary Elections," retrieved June 11, 2012
- Hawaii Secretary of State - Official 2012 Primary Results
- State of Hawaii Office of Elections, “Hawaii General 2012 - State of Hawaii – Statewide,” November 20, 2012
- Hawaii State Office of Elections, "2010 general election certified results," accessed December 13, 2013
- Eric Marshall, "About Eric," accessed September 16, 2012