Eric B. Marshall
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 26|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||B.S., Business Management, University of Phoenix|
Marshall's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Creating job incentives for businesses to hire more workers. ...Decreasing the tax & regulatory burden for families and businesses."
- "Establishing excellence in our educational system and preventing the indoctrination of our children from risky alternative lifestyles . ...Equipping our students on money management and helping college graduates to become young business leaders in and for Hawai’i."
- Efficiency of Government
- "To reform government by introducing term limits for public office. ...Eliminating closed door deals by expanding the Sunshine Law* to the legislative branch."
- Traditional Family Values
- "Protecting the Hawaii Constitutional Marriage Law that currently states marriage to between a Man and Woman . ...Supporting the rights of women for the choice of life rather than being pressured by society and especially irresponsible men to have abortions."
Adopting a Child
In a press release, Marshall said the Tuesday before the 2012 election that, if elected, he would use his legislative salary to adopt a child.
Elections for the office of Hawaii House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Scott K. Saiki was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Eric B. Marshall was unopposed in the Republican primary. Saiki will face Marshall in the general election.
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2012
Marshall ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii State Senate District 10. Marshall ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 9 incumbent Les Ihara, Jr. (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii State Senate, District 10, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Les Ihara, Jr. Incumbent||77.7%||13,703|
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2010
Marshall married Yuri Fujikawa of Osaka, Japan in 2005.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Eric + Marshall + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii House of Representatives
- Hawaii House of Representatives District 26
- Hawaii House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Hawaii Reporter, "State Senate Candidate Eric Marshall: I will use Legislative salary to adopt a child if elected," October 30, 2012
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed August 25, 2014
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed December 13, 2013
- Eric Marshall, "About Eric," accessed September 16, 2012