|Louisiana Public Service Commission District 1|
|January 1, 2009 - Present|
|December 31, 2014|
|Chair, Louisiana Public Service Commission|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Brother Martin High School|
|Bachelor's||Louisiana State University (1981)|
|J.D.||Southern University law school (1985)|
|Other||LLM, Tulane University Law School (1986)|
|Birthday||October 1, 1958|
|Place of birth||New Orleans, Louisiana|
Skrmetta has been a practicing attorney since 1985, and a practicing mediator since 1989. He is active in Republican State Central Committee District 81, along with numerous community, civic and religious organizations.
- Graduate, Brother Martin High School
- BS, Louisiana State University (1981)
- JD, Southern University law school (1985)
- LLM, Tulane University Law School (1986)
Louisiana Public Service Commission (2009-present)
Skrmetta has represented District 1 on the Louisiana Public Service Commission since 2009. He was elected commission chairman by the five elected members of the commission in January of 2013.
Skrmetta will next come up for re-election to his seat on the Public Service Commission representing District 1 in 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Skrmetta won election to Louisiana Public Service Commission District 1 on November 4, 2008.
|Louisiana Public Service Commission, District 1, 2008|
|No Party Affiliation||John F. Schwegmann||40.2%||149,227|
|Election Results Via: Louisiana Secretary of State|
Comprehensive donor information for Skrmetta is available dating back to 2003. Based on available campaign finance records, Skrmetta raised a total of $980,614 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 11, 2013.
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Eric Skrmetta's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Eric Skrmetta's Campaign Contributions|
Louisiana Public Service Commission
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$64,250 (No Party Affiliation)|
|Top 5 contributors||Eric Skrmetta||$282,309|
|Long Law Firm||$10,000|
|Janet Boles Crawford||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Eric + Skrmetta + Louisiana "
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Entergy and PSC agree on rate structure for next five years - The Advocate
- Louisiana utility regulators got two-thirds of their campaign cash from ... - NOLA.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Louisiana Public Service Commission - Eric Skrmetta
- Campaign contributions: 2011, 2008, 2003
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Nola.com, "Eric Skrmetta elected chairman of Louisiana Public Service Commission," January 31, 2013
- ↑ Louisiana Public Service Commission, " Commissioner Eric Skrmetta," accessed March 22, 2013
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Louisiana Endorsements," March 21, 2012
- ↑ Louisiana Secretary of State, "Results for Election Date: 11/4/2008," accessed March 26, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Eric Skrmetta," accessed July 11, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money.org
|Louisiana Public Service Commission District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |