|Louisiana Public Service Commission District 1|
|January 1, 2009 - Present|
|December 31, 2014|
|Chair, Louisiana Public Service Commission|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Brother Martin High School|
|Bachelor's||Louisiana State University (1981)|
|J.D.||Southern University law school (1985)|
|Other||LLM, Tulane University Law School (1986)|
|Birthday||October 1, 1958|
|Place of birth||New Orleans, Louisiana|
Skrmetta has been a practicing attorney since 1985, and a practicing mediator since 1989. He is active in Republican State Central Committee District 81, along with numerous community, civic and religious organizations.
- Graduate, Brother Martin High School
- BS, Louisiana State University (1981)
- JD, Southern University law school (1985)
- LLM, Tulane University Law School (1986)
Louisiana Public Service Commission (2009-present)
Skrmetta has represented District 1 on the Louisiana Public Service Commission since 2009. He was elected commission chairman by the five elected members of the commission in January of 2013.
Skrmetta is running for re-election to his seat on the Public Service Commission representing District 1 in 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Skrmetta won election to Louisiana Public Service Commission District 1 on November 4, 2008.
|Louisiana Public Service Commission, District 1, 2008|
|No Party Affiliation||John F. Schwegmann||40.2%||149,227|
|Election Results Via: Louisiana Secretary of State|
Comprehensive donor information for Skrmetta is available dating back to 2003. Based on available campaign finance records, Skrmetta raised a total of $980,614 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 11, 2013.
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Eric Skrmetta's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Eric Skrmetta's Campaign Contributions|
Louisiana Public Service Commission
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$64,250 (No Party Affiliation)|
|Top 5 contributors||Eric Skrmetta||$282,309|
|Long Law Firm||$10,000|
|Janet Boles Crawford||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Eric + Skrmetta + Louisiana "
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Louisiana Public Service Commission - Eric Skrmetta
- Campaign contributions: 2011, 2008, 2003
- Nola.com, "Eric Skrmetta elected chairman of Louisiana Public Service Commission," January 31, 2013
- Louisiana Public Service Commission, " Commissioner Eric Skrmetta," accessed March 22, 2013
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Louisiana Endorsements," March 21, 2012
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Results for Election Date: 11/4/2008," accessed March 26, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Eric Skrmetta," accessed July 11, 2013
- Follow the Money.org
|Louisiana Public Service Commission District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |