is a 2014 Democratic
candidate for District 7
of the North Carolina State Senate
Anderson was a 2012 Democratic candidate for the 3rd Congressional District of North Carolina. Anderson ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 8, 2012. Anderson was defeated by Republican incumbent Walter Jones on November 6, 2012.
- See also: North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Louis Pate was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Erik Anderson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Pate and Anderson will face off in the general election.
- See also: North Carolina's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2012
Anderson ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent North Carolina's 3rd District. Anderson won the nomination on the Democratic ticket after running unopposed in the primary.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in North Carolina in 2012 as one of the states that could have determined whether Democrats retook the House or Republicans held their majority in 2013. North Carolina was rated 8th on the list.
Above is a breakdown of funds for the 2012 election, according to source.
Anderson lost the United States House of Representatives election in 2012. During that election cycle, Anderson's campaign committee raised a total of $30,384 and spent $30,384.
|United States House of Representatives, 2012 - Erik Anderson (North Carolina) Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Erik Anderson (North Carolina)'s campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Erik + Anderson + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Erik Anderson News Feed
- ↑ wral.com, "NC candidate filings for federal, statewide races," accessed March 3, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 [http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/NC/36596/80750/en/summary.html North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Election Results," accessed May 9, 2012.
- ↑ Politico, "2012 Election Map, North Carolina"
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Washington Post, "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012," accessed April 25, 2012
- ↑ Open Secrets, " 2012 Election Cycle," accessed April 2013