Erik G. Hawkes
is a 2014 Democratic
candidate for District 49
of the New Mexico House of Representatives
Hawkes earned his B.S in Finance from the University of Florida. His professional experience includes working as a diswasher.
In an article with the Albuquerque Journal, Hawkes said he is running for the following reasons:
- Excerpt: "I am running for state representative, Democrat, District 49 because a fascist police state is being built on the bogus 9/11 event and all the politicians and media are hiding the truth from the public. I want to be in the information loop so that I can help protect my constituents and defend the America I believe in. I am a dishwasher. Your fight is my fight too. I will fight public-private partnerships (fascism), oppose the San Augustin plains ranch water grab, and solve the overcrowding of our jails by legalizing marijuana and releasing all the potheads from jail."
- See also: New Mexico House of Representatives elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Incumbent Don Tripp was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Erik Gale Hawkes defeated Dell P. Washington in the Democratic primary. Tripp and Hawkes will face off in the general election.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 49 Democratic Primary, 2014
Erik Gale Hawkes
| Dell P. Washington
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Erik + Hawkes + New + Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Erik Hawkes News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 www.abqjournal.com, "House District 49 (D) – Erik Gale Hawkes," accessed May 15, 2014
- ↑ New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 3, 2014," accessed July 7, 2014
- ↑ New Mexico State Legislature, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," accessed May 13, 2014