|Idaho House of Representatives District 32B|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Idaho, 1988|
Simpson earned his Bachelor's degree from the University of Idaho in 1988.
In addition to being a representative, Simpson is a communications specialist.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Simpson served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Simpson served on these committees:
Rep. Simpson is sponsoring a measure that would require sex offenders to check in each year with local districts in order to maintain a safe atmosphere around schools. Every member of the House State Affairs Committee voted in support of it.
Simpson said the bill stems from an incident in his home district in which two sex offenders attended a school play without informing school officials.
The bill would make it a misdemeanor if sex offenders fail to check in with school officials prior to their first visit of a school year. Even those sex offenders who only drop students off at school must check in.
Officials would have the ability to know sex offenders associated with students in schools, while offenders would be able to be easily informed of district policy changes on security or access issues.
Simpson did not run for re-election in 2012.
Simpson won re-election to District Seat 32B in 2010 with no opposition. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 25th. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 32B (2010)|
|Erik Simpson (R)||12,748||100.0%|
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 32B (2008)|
|Erik Simpson (R)||17,384|
In 2010, a year in which Simpson was up for re-election, he collected $10,400 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Erik Simpson's campaign in 2010|
|Idaho Association Of Realtors||$1,500|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$750|
|Idaho Power Co||$500|
|Gordon Law Firm||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$10,400|
In 2008, Simpson raised $18,164.
Listed below are those who contributed the most to his campaign.
|Mountain View Hospital||$1,000|
|Idaho Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Bonneville County Republican Central Committee||$1,000|
Erik is married to Fawn Simpson. They have two children and one step child and reside in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Erik + Simpson + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Erik Simpson's personal website
- Idaho House of Representatives Members
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- "Bill would require sex offenders to check in at schools yearly," Idaho Reporter, March 7th, 2011
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
- 2008 contributors to Erik Simpson
|Idaho House of Representatives District 32B
| Succeeded by|
Thomas Loertscher (R)