|Michigan House of Representatives, District 12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Brandeis University, 1992|
|Master's||Tufts University, 1998|
Geiss's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Let's make all Michigan students competitive with their peers across the country, Michigan schools national role models and Michigan a place where learning doesn't end just because one has earned a diploma.
Jobs & The Economy
When people have jobs, a fair wage and work-related satisfaction, they contribute to the local and state economy. When there are viable jobs in a community and opportunities for employees to improve themselves and their lives, companies, the community, the economy and individuals thrive.
Healthy Families & Healthy Communities
Health is not limited to physical health, but also well-being. When families and communities are healthy and have the tools, support and resources to be healthy, they thrive. When individuals are healthy, they can work and attend school. When people can work and go to school, they earn more (in both the short term and the long term), and when people earn more, they are able to contribute more and take pride in their communities in both small and large ways.
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Erika Geiss was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Kelly Thompson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Geiss faces Thompson in the general election. Alexis Brice Martell (D) withdrew before the primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Erika + Geiss + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 12
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- The Erika Geiss for State Representative Committee, "Issues & Platform," accessed October 16, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan House Democrats, "About Rep. Douglas A. Geiss," accessed October 16, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |