|U.S. House, Nevada, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 10, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Bilbray-Kohn is a committeewoman on the Democratic National Committee. She founded Emerge Nevada in 2006, a group that trains women to run for office.
Bilbray-Kohn experienced controversy within hours of her campaign announcement. Her residence is outside of Nevada's 3rd District. The law does not require residency to run for office. Bilbray-Kohn defended her run saying, “We live in this community. We’ve spent most of our lives here. It’s where I get my haircut, where we do our grocery shopping, and where our kids play. Redistricting may have just put our house just outside the line, but it doesn’t change my deep roots in Southern Nevada and my commitment to this community and district.”
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
—Erin Bilbray-Kohn, http://www.erinbilbray.com/issues/
Campaign video from Erin Bilbray for Congress
Bilbray-Kohn is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Nevada's 3rd District. Bilbray-Kohn is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
She is a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's Jumpstart program. According to the DCCC, Jumpstart provides members running in Republican leaning districts with “early financial communications, operational and strategic support.”
She raised $250,000 in her first quarter as a candidate.
Erin Bilbray-Kohn has been endorsed by the following groups:
- Planned Parenthood
- EMILY's List
- National Association of Letter Carriers
- Women's Campaign Fund
- AFSCME People
|Erin Bilbray-Kohn (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 14, 2013||$0.00||$253,158.62||$(58,224.04)||$194,934.58|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$194,934.58||$164,661.65||$(114,072.54)||$245,523.69|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Erin + Bilbray-Kohn + Nevada + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Nevada's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Nevada's 3rd Congressional District
- Review Journal, "Erin Bilbray-Kohn announces run for Congress," accessed September 9, 2013
- Erin Bilbray for Congress, "On the Issues," accessed March 25, 2014
- YouTube, "Dedicated," accessed March 26, 2014
- Roll Call, "New Batch of Democratic Recruits Named to DCCC's Jumpstart Program," accessed September 9, 2013
- Roll Call, "Nevada Candidate Raised $250K in Her First Quarter," accessed October 11, 2013
- Erin Bilbray for Congress, "Endorsements," accessed March 26, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Erin Bilbray-Kohn October Quarterly," accessed March 19, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Erin Bilbray-Kohn Year End," accessed March 19, 2014
- Erin Bilbray for Congress, "About Me," accessed March 26, 2014