|Maine House of Representatives, District 97|
|2010 - Present|
|December 6, 2016|
|Years in position||5|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Herbig earned her B.S. in English from Boston College in 2003. Her professional experience includes working as the Outreach Coordinator for Maine Farmland Trust.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Herbig served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Labor, Commerce, Research and Economic Development, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Herbig served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Labor, Commerce, Research and Economic Development|
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the general election was September 22, 2014. District 43 incumbent Erin Herbig was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Benjamin Bryant defeated Thomas Burpee in the Republican primary, but withdrew before the general election. Herbig defeated Paige Brown (G) in the general election.
|Maine House of Representatives District 97, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Erin Herbig Incumbent||69%||3,076|
|Maine House of Representatives, District 97 Republican Primary, 2014|
Herbig won re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 43. Herbig ran unopposed in the June 12 Democratic primary and defeated Donna Hopkins (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 43, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Erin Herbig Incumbent||63.7%||3,177|
Herbig's opponent in the November 2 general election was Republican candidate Lewis Baker. Herbig defeated Baker in the November 2 general election. Republican incumbent Jane Giles did not seek re-election, although she was eligible to do so under Maine's term limits.
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 43 (2010)|
|Erin Herbig (D)||2,340||60%|
|Lewis Baker (R)||1,511||35%|
Comprehensive donor information for Herbig is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Herbig raised a total of $9,971 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 13, 2013.
|Erin Herbig's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 43||$4,896|
|2010||Maine State House, District 43||$5,075|
|Grand Total Raised||$9,971|
2012Herbig won re-election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Herbig raised a total of $4,896.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Erin Herbig's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,896|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Herbig raised $5,075 in contributions.
Her top contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $4,575 to her campaign.
Herbig has a husband, Josh Povec.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Erin + Herbig + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Erin Herbig
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "Herbig, Erin D," accessed September 13, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Jayne Crosby Giles (R)
|Maine House of Representatives District 43
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |