For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||St. Joseph High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Pittsburgh|
|Master's||Chatham University, 2003|
McClelland earned her bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Pittsburgh. In 2002, she began a private practice specializing in addiction prevention and treatment. McClelland received her M.S. in counseling psychology from Chatham University in 2003. She then worked as the practice improvement collaborative manager for the Institute of Research Education and Training in Addiction (IRETA). McClelland developed Arche Wellness, an orthomolecular addiction treatment program, in 2006.
McClelland's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner, entrepreneur, and the daughter of a nurse and a utility lineman, I know well the struggles we face and the pride we feel in a hard day’s work that provides for our families. I also know that the greatest weapon in our country’s economic arsenal is the purchasing power of a vibrant and growing American middle class."
- Women's Issues
- Excerpt: "When women are paid 70 cents for every dollar a man makes, that’s not just a women’s issue - it’s an economic issue. When restrictions are placed on women’s health care and yet they pay more for coverage, it’s not just a women’s issue - it’s a civil rights issue. And when a woman faces an impossible choice between her job and her child because her workplace doesn’t offer maternity leave, it’s not just a women’s issue - it’s a family values issue."
- Excerpt: "I’ve spent my career in the healthcare industry, so I know firsthand the problems we face. An inefficient and outdated system that leads to errors, coupled with a lack of preventative care, drive up costs and make our system too expensive."
- Excerpt: "We need to ensure that today’s veterans receive the training and resources as heroes they deserve - including proper physical and mental health care."
- Excerpt: "When Pittsburgh Plate and Glass hired union members like my great-grandfather, it was because they knew they were the best in the world at what they did. We need to make sure our kids have the same opportunities in a new economy."
- Excerpt: "When we built our country’s network of bridges, roads and highways, we constructed the backbone necessary to support for the world’s strongest economy. Now, those same bridges and roadways are filled with potholes and becoming unsafe. Rebuilding our transit infrastructure is necessary to keep our economy running smoothly and safely."
McClelland ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvania's 12th District. McClelland won the Democratic nomination in the primary on May 20, 2014. She defeated John Hugya. Erin McClelland lost the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 12 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Keith Rothfus Incumbent||59.3%||127,993|
|Source: Pennsylvania Department of State|
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 12 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via Associated Press|
|Erin McLelland (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||January 29, 2014||$0||$3,633||$(25)||$3,607|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$3,607||$29,887||$(14,248)||$19,246|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$19,246||$27,437||$(21,136)||$25,547|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$25,547||$30,004||$(34,704)||$20,847|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$20,847.83||$58,617.00||$(47,845.54)||$31,619.29|
McClelland her husband, John, are lifelong residents of the Alle-Kiski Valley and have one son.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Erin + McClelland + Pennsylvania + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania's 12th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania's 12th Congressional District
- Federal Election Commission, "Erin McClelland's Statement of Candidacy Form," accessed May 30, 2013
- The Tribune-Democrat, "Westmoreland Democrat runs for 12th District seat," May 8, 2013 (dead link)
- Associated Press, "Pennsylvania - Summary Vote Results," May 20, 2014
- Campaign website, "About Erin," accessed March 18, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed March 18, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Erin McClelland 2014 Summary reports," accessed November 11, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed February 12, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly," accessed February 12, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed February 12, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Year-End," accessed February 12, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed April 23, 2014
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |