Ernest E. Newton, II
|Ernest E. Newton, II|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Connecticut State Senate District 23|
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 23
of the Connecticut State Senate
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2012
Newton ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut State Senate District 23. Newton was defeated by Andres Ayala, Jr. in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012.
|Connecticut State Senate, District 23 Democratic Primary, 2012
Andres Ayala, Jr.
| Ernest E. Newton II
| Edwin Gomes Incumbent
Newton previously represented the 23rd District, but was forced to step down from the seat after a 2005 federal corruption conviction after he was found to have used the office to solicit a $5,000 bribe.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ernest + Newton + Connecticut + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Ernest Newton News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Connecticut Secretary of State, "Candidate List," accessed June 18, 2012
- ↑ Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results for 2012," August 14, 2012
- ↑ Connecticut Post, "Newton seeks to reclaim State Senate seat" accessed August 7, 2012
- ↑ Hartford Courant, "Ernie Newton II Is Back" accessed August 7, 2012